JVDWheelHorse

Lawn Ranger

JVDWheelHorse

My grandfather wants to give me his round hood lawn ranger. I really like it and it's in great shape. All original paint, tires, no dings, not many scratches, needs seat reupholstered though. I'd love to have it for my first :wh: but I feel bad taking it from him. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Me thinks your Grandfather would derive a large amount of joy and satisfaction watching his Grandson carry on the Wheel Horse tradition. Especially if you take care of it and show pride of ownership...

You are one lucky Grandson...

• Like 5

JVDWheelHorse
21 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Me thinks your Grandfather would derive a large amount of joy and satisfaction watching his Grandson carry on the Wheel Horse tradition. Especially if you take care of it and show pride of ownership...

You are one lucky Grandson...

Thanks, I think I'll let him give it to me and I'll baby that tractor forever. I just feel funny taking it from him even though he only bought it for $100

• Like 5

Ed Kennell

Pay him back with whatever he enjoys most.   Could be as simple as a trip to DQ for a cone of ice cream or spending more  time  with you.

• Like 8

JVDWheelHorse
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Pay him back with whatever he enjoys most.   Could be as simple as a trip to DQ for a cone of ice cream or spending more  time  with you.

Thanks for the ideas, I spend most days out of my summers over visiting him and he says that's why he wants to give it to me. I'd love to have it, he is a special person to me. 

• Like 6

gsummers

Lost my Grandad over 25 years ago, still miss him. I have a couple of his things that I treasure and keep my memory of him always in my heart. My Dad is not doing well right now and I might be losing him soon, my brother and I will get everything of his, still will not make up for losing our Dad. If your Grandad wants you to have it, accept it, take very good care of it and cherish it for the rest of your life, who knows, you might pass it on to your grandchildren, sure hope so.

• Like 6

JVDWheelHorse
9 minutes ago, gsummers said:

Lost my Grandad over 25 years ago, still miss him. I have a couple of his things that I treasure and keep my memory of him always in my heart. My Dad is not doing well right now and I might be losing him soon, my brother and I will get everything of his, still will not make up for losing our Dad. If your Grandad wants you to have it, accept it, take very good care of it and cherish it for the rest of your life, who knows, you might pass it on to your grandchildren, sure hope so.

I am very sorry to hear that, hope your dad feels better. Thank you for commenting, your words made me realize how much I take for granted. I think I'll take it and hold onto it for the rest of my life. Thank you!

• Like 3

953 nut

Take my word for it, I am a grandfather and will be overjoyed if my granddaughter develops a common interest with me or my wife. When she is old enough to find a direction in life we will share any passion she has. You have a very lucky grandfather, he shares time and a passion with you. What he paid for the Lawn Ranger is immaterial, his time with you is priceless. Enjoy every minute you have together.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

dells68

Some of my best memories of when I was little are of my grandfather and I riding his charger v8.  He would let me drive and he sat in a wheel horse cart behind as went went to the little store just around the road from his house.  That memory is what got me back into wheel horses.  I still have his dump cart, but not the tractor - he sold it without letting any of us know until it was too late.  Enjoy every minute with your grandfather, I'd give anything to have mine back calling me "Knot head."  - miss you Poppy!

• Like 6

ACman

Asks grandpa if he would like to help get it all polished up for a little project . Then bring both of them to the big show for some more fun !  

We want pics .

• Like 3

Brian01
4 hours ago, WheelHorseKid1843 said:

My grandfather wants to give me his round hood lawn ranger. I really like it and it's in great shape. All original paint, tires, no dings, not many scratches, needs seat reupholstered though. I'd love to have it for my first :wh: but I feel bad taking it from him. What do you guys think?

Wonder if he's my grandpa too? :eusa-think: lol no, you are a lucky duck though, if i were you, i would proudly accept and...:bow-blue::bow-blue:

Edited by Brian01
  • Like 3

Pullstart

These are some great memories in the making!  Enjoy your new tractor, enjoy Grampa even more! 

We lost Grampa in '04 and I think of him daily.  The way a grampa tugs on your ears, knocks on your head and dang near choke/shakes you to death and you know that's how he says "I love you"...  The one liners, the nicknames for everyone in the family... I love all the objects that I have from "The Keybird", but I'd gladly give it all back to see him again. 

• Like 3

JVDWheelHorse
9 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Take my word for it, I am a grandfather and will be overjoyed if my granddaughter develops a common interest with me or my wife. When she is old enough to find a direction in life we will share any passion she has. You have a very lucky grandfather, he shares time and a passion with you. What he paid for the Lawn Ranger is immaterial, his time with you is priceless. Enjoy every minute you have together.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thank you!

8 hours ago, dells68 said:

Some of my best memories of when I was little are of my grandfather and I riding his charger v8.  He would let me drive and he sat in a wheel horse cart behind as went went to the little store just around the road from his house.  That memory is what got me back into wheel horses.  I still have his dump cart, but not the tractor - he sold it without letting any of us know until it was too late.  Enjoy every minute with your grandfather, I'd give anything to have mine back calling me "Knot head."  - miss you Poppy!

Thank you! Objects may be gone but memories last forever! Grandpa nicknames are the best!

8 hours ago, Brian01 said:

Wonder if he's my grandpa too? :eusa-think: lol no, you are a lucky duck though, if i were you, i would proudly accept and...:bow-blue::bow-blue:

:laughing-rofl: thank you!

2 hours ago, pullstart said:

These are some great memories in the making!  Enjoy your new tractor, enjoy Grampa even more! 

We lost Grampa in '04 and I think of him daily.  The way a grampa tugs on your ears, knocks on your head and dang near choke/shakes you to death and you know that's how he says "I love you"...  The one liners, the nicknames for everyone in the family... I love all the objects that I have from "The Keybird", but I'd gladly give it all back to see him again. 

Grandpa memories are unforgettable that's for sure, lots of tough love! Thanks for sharing, I love to hear memories!

8 hours ago, ACman said:

Asks grandpa if he would like to help get it all polished up for a little project . Then bring both of them to the big show for some more fun !  

We want pics .

Thanks for the idea! I will get a few pics next time I'm over!

• Like 2

JPWH
20 hours ago, WheelHorseKid1843 said:

Being a grandpa myself I think if he offered it to you it is because he wanted you to have it. I'm sure it would please him for you to accept. The fact that you said you would cherish it forever may be the reason he wants you to have it. Give him a big hug and thank you when you go get it.

• Like 2

JVDWheelHorse
3 hours ago, JPWH said:

Being a grandpa myself I think if he offered it to you it is because he wanted you to have it. I'm sure it would please him for you to accept. The fact that you said you would cherish it forever may be the reason he wants you to have it. Give him a big hug and thank you when you go get it.

Thank you very much, I will!

• Like 1

953 nut

When you bring it home :wwp:.

• Like 1