Usmc1968

Which fuel filter 520xi

Usmc1968

Howdy folks,

I have been searching but cannot find an answer so thanks for your patience. I am getting my 1999 520xi with the Kohler Command engine ready for Spring. Changing all the filters and fluids. I cannot read what is on the inline fuel filter.  Last time it was serviced by a Toro dealer so I do not know what they put in there.

Thanks in advance

Semper Fidelis

• Like 1

Retired Sparky

If your talking about your gas line that should be easy to be replaced.  If you have now, take it out and go to an auto parts store.  What I'm saying is what ever size that fits the inside diameter of your fuel line.  I don't have ant pics to assist you. B)

Usmc1968

Cool, no worries. I was placing an online order and figured I would try to get everything in one shot.

Semper Fidelis

clip

Agreed, most standard small engine fuel filters will work. I was looking into micron sizes at one point before I got my wits about me and remembered it's a small engine for a tractor.

• Like 1

Tankman

TSC, Lowes, Home Cheapo, standard fuel filter. Easy 'nough. :handgestures-thumbupright:

$10 at TSC.

Camp Lejeune '64-'68

Fuel_filter_Kohler.jpg

Edited by Tankman

shallowwatersailor

They sell two for Kohler engines. I use the one pictured (24 050 10) on my two gas 5xi. The other is smaller and suitable for the single cylinder Kohlers.

Usmc1968

Thanks for all the advice folks! I ended up using a Wix 33011 fuel filter and Wix 51410 Transmission filter. Filler her up with Mobil1 10W30 Synthetic (tranny)

Engine Mobil 1 5W30 with Purolator PureONE PL10241

Still running smooth at 851hrs

Semper Fidelis

Edited by Usmc1968

WHX??

Good choices, I used the mob 1 syn in both the engine and hydro. Had to start &  blow with the  tractor up a couple of times last winter in sub zero so went with 5w-30 in both with no problems. The 1410 (same as a wix) is used by alot of guys here.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Berco
      By Berco
      Hello all. My battery in my 520LXI was going out, the lights would come on but the engine would not turn over. I put a 1.5 amp truckle charger on the battery when i left for a 4 days trip. I come back and the same. I also noticed i left the key in the run position (the hour meter did not run). I swap out batteries and now the mower is completely dead. When i turn the key - nothing. I verify the battery it good (13.04v), negative is connected to the engine block, voltage is good on the solenoid side of the starter. I out the key to run and try to jump to see if i can start and nothing. Not even a spark. I have used this mover for years and has 500 hours. Could the ignition switch or brake switch be bad? The seat switch is jumped.What else could cause my mower to be dead? Thank you in advance.
    • Bill Murray
      By Bill Murray
      Looking for a replacement headlight assembly. I just bought a 520XI with a snowblower and I’m looking to fix the broken headlight before winter. Not sure if anybody knows of anybody selling one. I’ve been looking for a few months now. Thanks for any help.
    • ToroMan
      By ToroMan
      Good afternoon, looking for some help regarding a plow assembly for a 1999 520xi model # 73542.  I'm told that a traditional Wheel Horse plow assembly will not fit this tractor, that the xi series requires a special plow assembly.  Problem is, most of the people selling plow assemblies don't seem to know what they have, and I don't know what I need!  I have included the supposed model numbers pulled from the Toro website, including that of a retrofit kit, but I'm not sure what that retrofit kit does! Does it enable me to fit a traditional Wheel Horse plow to an xi model? Don't know.  One guy selling a plow knew what type of plow he had and told me it would not fit my tractor, stating "Lift link and handle are in the wrong locations."

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just need to know what the hell I'm looking for, which might help me find it!

From Toro site:

Model #: 79355
      48" Snow/Dozer Blade

Model #: 95-4090
      48" Dozer Blade Retrofit Kit

Thanks!!!

• Berco
      By Berco
      I have a transaxle from a 518XI that i have as a spare. I would like to put some caps on the two open hydraulic lines, but i am having some hard time figuring out the thread and type to mate with the existing tubing. Does anyone know the specs for can point me to a fitting that will work? thanks!
    • Berco
      By Berco
      Heads up for those in the midwest, there seems to be a good candidate for a project or fixer upper 522xi on chambana CL. I hope someone in the St Louis area grabs it so i can lend a hand an learn a bunch too (i currently own a 522XI). For $400 you get a 522XI with electric issues (wires chewed from mice), plus 52" deck and snow blower. I would be all over this but i do not have the time, money or space right now.