whbush

2007 Wheel Horse 60th Anniversary Classic GT

ericj

not sure it's worth a lot more now as an anniversary addition at this point in time. but there was only so many built, i forget the exact number built. I would like to add one to my stable someday and i have a buddy that bought one and only drove it around at shows so it looks like brand new with less then 20 hrs on it and it was signed by Cecile Pond. he had it for sale at shows asking about what he paid for it new and so far nobody has taken him up on it. with some luck it could be worth more in years to come if it is taken care of and not used and abused, but it is still a gamble. i say don't buy it for the value a lone but buy it and take care of it and it may just pay you back in the long run  :twocents-02cents:

eric j 

• Like 6

Phatboy

I have a emaculate 50th aniversary 520H ,,, and i bought it for the tractor it is ,, not the dollar value it is worth,, i take excellent care of all my wheel horses , cause you take care of them they will take care of you and be the best investment you ever made,, now that being said that looks like a nice tractor with decades of good service left in it,, so buy it,,, take care of it and it will you,, i live in central PA if you dont buy it tell me where it is ill buy it lol !!

• Like 3

roadapples

No idea what it`s worth but it looks good, and   :WRS:

• Like 2

Pierrepont

The 60th Anniversary sticker adds NO extra value.

It's a USED Wheel Horse -- plain and simple.

Tankman

Excellent Horse! I agree with Pierrepont, "The 60th Anniversary sticker adds NO extra value".

If the price is right, a consideration. Looks to be in great condition except for the TORO. Ugh.

WH-Onan+Steer+Decals.jpg

• Like 1

Racinbob

:WRS:

Unfortunately it's true about the decals. That's the only thing that makes it a 'special edition'. There is something to the fact that it's the last year they were made. If the price is right I'd say go for it but it's not like it's going to fund your retirement account. Cared for it will last your lifetime. :)

• Like 3

elliot ness

It's a nice looking Wheel Horse, as to the value, that's up to you and the seller.  But my opinion is somewhere between 1000.00 and 500.00 ?B)

• Like 2

TDF5G

Looks like a very nice, well cared for, one owner tractor.   Mower deck, dozer blade, wagon and chains?   What more could you want?  I'd make a reasonable offer and go from there!

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

Retired Sparky

$500. to $1000. would be a fair price. It's 10 more horses than I own now.  A twin in the back yard has a nice sound.

• Like 1

whbush

Thanks for the replies.

I found out it has 359 hours.

Phatboy

Did you buy it yet ? And are ya gonna ?

• Like 1

wh500special

I don't know what it's worth, but if the seller is asking $500 to $1000 for a 9-year old, 350-hour tractor with a deck, blade, and cart then he hasn't been looking very hard for similar machines in his area.  

A 10-year older 520 can easily bring $1200 or better.   A 40 year old C-160 can knock on the door of $1000 with three attachments.  If you found one with such low hours it would be a hot commodity in these circles.  

Ill be be contrary and say the decals do in fact add something to the tractor.   It's the end of an era. An omega.  In other circles (cars, guns, stamps...) final runs can be more highly valued.  I don't see why not here.   

Given age and condition alone, he probably ought to be in the $1500 range.   Would not surprise me if he wanted even more.  50% depreciation in 9 years would still have it being quite valuable.  

Anyway, I don't know what it's really worth.  But I think we're aiming low as a group here.  

Best of luck.  

Steve

• Like 6

dcrage

Just for my own knowledge -- That is a 15 HP Kawasaki on that tractor, correct?

And when you say "wagon' -- You mean a 2 wheeled cart versus a 4 wheel wagon?? -- There are sizable differences in the values of the two

• Like 2

Racinbob

No Dave, the 2007 has a 15hp Kohler Command. An excellent motor. :)

I feel like I stole my 2005 for $1000 in 2009 (100 hours) but the owner didn't have a clue what he had. $1500 would be a great price. :)

• Like 2

AMC RULES

I gotta agree with Steve...           :confusion-shrug:

would easily see this pkg in the 12-15 hundred range up here, if not more. 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

whbush      :WRS:Being the last year also adds no value also . But with better pictures of the tractor with the attachments would help. But with above posts I think you are seeing a price. But do not  wait to long also IF it is WHEEL HORSE It sells fast. I think there are over 10,000 members here world wide last time I looked. Enjoy the hunt.

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.
  • Like 2

whbush

So you guys say between 500 and 1000 is a fair price? 

• Like 1

buckrancher

try between $2000 to $3500

Brian

• Like 2

whbush

Really? Lots of conflicting views on value. But as we all know, it's worth what you pay and the seller lets it go for.

dcrage - what is the difference between the wagons? I'll check it out. 

• Like 1

Pierrepont

I'd bid up to $1,950 but would hope I could keep the bid under $1,800.

Edited by Pierrepont
  • Like 1

dcrage
3 hours ago, whbush said:

dcrage - what is the difference between the wagons? I'll check it out. 

whbush -- I just want to know if there was a cart (only has 2 wheels; that what I suspect it is) or a wagon (4 wheels with a front axle that turns) in this deal -- There are probably 10X carts out there versus wagons -- And a real WH wagon has considerable more $ value than even a WH cart

• Like 1

rmaynard

I may be getting a little nitpicky here, but since 1996 was the 50th Anniversary, wouldn't that tractor have to be a 2006 to be a 60th Anniversary?

• Like 2

wh500special
4 hours ago, buckrancher said:

try between $2000 to $3500

Brian

I suspect Brian is close with this estimate.  He seems to nail most things.

If it was in my area, I'd probably be trying to figure out a way to latch on to this tractor just since it's the last of the run and would bookend my collection.  I plan to downsize, but one of these might be a lifetime "keeper" for me.

Did the seller give you an asking price?  I never like the "make offer" sales since I inherently screw myself on them. 

If you buy it and have regrets, I can probably arrange a trade for something(s) else you might be more interested in...if you want to venture away from PA.

Steve

• Like 1

whbush

Rmaynard - that's a good point. The 50th anniversary editions I see are 2006. This 60th anniversary is for sure a 2007. It may be semantics as the way they sell cars a model year ahead. 

• Like 1