jeff w

Dozer/Snow Blade 48" 79350

jeff w

Acquired a 48" blade for my C-81 for moving snow this last winter and it worked great. The ease of the angle blade was very helpful. Used chains on my horse and really moved the snow. Usually put it in winrows  then used my SnowKing 10hp Tecumseh/ Troybilt to blow it out. Further, it came w/the 12"lift bar which really is great for downward pressure! Question 1--> Appears to be two keyhole slots on each side of blade (back/bottom)....are these mounts for the skidshoes, and if so where can I find the mounts (I have shoes). Question-->2 My steel cutting bar worked super, but, some day I want an alternative rubber/plastic cutting bar...any suggestions on what/where to find such an animal? Thank you!

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: Jeff.     :wwp:    I'll have to look at my two 48" blades tomorrow.  I don't think they have any slots on the back side for skids.    I have not used them, but many on here have put plastic scraper bars on their snow blades to prevent scuffing of their blacktop coating.   I am sure they will have answers for you.

• Like 1

Phatboy

I also have 2 slots on each side for skids,, this plow is NOS brand new and i havent had a chance to look for skids yet ,, my other plow has skids and has a different mount than the slotted ones,,, so im curiois to find out the answer as well...

Tankman

Recently someone gave me a 48" Craftsman blade and mount. Surprised, does seem heavy-duty.

Don't need it but, free, so it's sitting at my barn.

I don't use skids for my Horse blades, but have a pair on the shelf. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Pic attached. Seems easy enough to make a pair. Bolted edge of the shoe rests against the blade frame to stop "wiggle".

Someone made a wear edge for the Craftsman blade, interesting. Tire thread. Never used the poly edges, all stone drives.

PS. I always replace the edge carriage bolts, use stainless steel hardware and Never-Seez!

plow_edge.png

skid_shoe.png

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1