tractorhogg

D-160 AG Tires

mmmmmdonuts

Wow those look awesome. What size are they?

• Like 2

RedRanger

Those look Gooooooood.  :woohoo:

• Like 2

Tankman
1 minute ago, RedRanger said:

Those look Gooooooood.  :woohoo:

:text-yeahthat: They look Grrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeaaaattttttttt! Ask Tony the Tiger!

• Like 2

tractorhogg
1 hour ago, mmmmmdonuts said:

Wow those look awesome. What size are they?

30x10-12 Interco Interforce tires on the 10-12 inch wheel horse rims. The tires run around 295.00 delivered or 145 each. Had I used a narrower rim like a 7 or 8 inch they wouldn't have fit. They measure right at 29 inches tall on the wide rims

Edited by tractorhogg
  • Like 1

Pollack Pete

Good lookin' tires .I also like the 4 bolt front rims.Gotta ask..........are you going to pull a locomotive with that D-160?????

• Like 2

tractorhogg
8 minutes ago, Pollack Pete said:

Good lookin' tires .I also like the 4 bolt front rims.Gotta ask..........are you going to pull a locomotive with that D-160?????

Nope, a tiller, but I think it could pull a locomotive

20160226_164821.jpg

• Like 3

roadapples

Hope you`re feeling better...  are the fronts 12`s also ?

• Like 1

tractorhogg
33 minutes ago, Pollack Pete said:

Nope, a tiller, but I think it could pull a locomotive.   

12" tri-ribs up front.

18 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Hope you`re feeling better...  are the fronts 12`s also ?

Yep, 12" tri-ribs on 4"-12" steel rims bolted on cast iron dexter trailer hubs

• Like 2

Retired Sparky

I love those big AG tires.  You go pal. :lol:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Good looking set of tires on the D!

• Like 1

russellmc301

the thing looks like a hunky block of beef, it makes it look amazing!

hope you feel better.

• Like 2

tractorhogg

I've got a lot of rubber over here at the Oologah Tractor Museum, new tires on over a dozen machines, and not cheapies. I've really tried to find performance tires that will last a lifetime. These not only look good, but they should perform as well or better than any tire out there in the mud, dirt, and snow. I think a 145.00 a piece delivered was a great deal on these. I'm just hoping to get better and have time to do more work on these great machines

• Like 1

ericj

that's a D on steroids, wheel horse version of bigfoot, looks real tuff, real tuff

eric j 

• Like 1

tractorhogg

I found these tail lights, almost identical to the OEM D series tail lights, but with 6 LED bulbs, best part, only 5.39 each including shipping!

WHrearlights.jpg

• Like 2

82Caddy
1 hour ago, tractorhogg said:

I found these tail lights, almost identical to the OEM D series tail lights, but with 6 LED bulbs, best part, only 5.39 each including shipping!

WHrearlights.jpg

Source on those? All my tractors need new lights. 

ericj

:text-yeahthat:

eric j

tractorhogg
25 minutes ago, ericj said:

:text-yeahthat:

eric j

The forum rules don't allow me to post the source from the pay site, I will PM you

• Like 1

Greg_D

What was the source of the lights?  Thanks

Sarge

Wow , that looks along the same lines of tough as my old '77 Land Cruiser FJ40 with Toyo MT's on it , lol . Now it looks like it deserves a bigger engine under the hood , wonder it one of the modern diesel twins would fit ?

Those Interco's should bite like nothing else , btw...I've ran them in the past on 4x4's .

Sarge

tractorhogg
16 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Wow , that looks along the same lines of tough as my old '77 Land Cruiser FJ40 with Toyo MT's on it , lol . Now it looks like it deserves a bigger engine under the hood , wonder it one of the modern diesel twins would fit ?

Those Interco's should bite like nothing else , btw...I've ran them in the past on 4x4's .

Sarge

The single cylinders not very common and that's why I collect them. Other than tires/wheels I would never alter these machines, it destroys every bit of their collector value, but hey people can do what they want, it just makes less tractors out there and make mine worth more money. I had a twin cylinder 20 hp K532 cast iron that was much more powerful than any small diesel. These little diesel are really overrated, except that they get good gas mileage, but as far as pure power the Kohler K482, K532, and K582s are hard to beat. Of course that is only my opinion and ten people will disagree with that opinion. That's why I don't post much anymore. I cant have an opinion, its always wrong to someone else. As in the reply I got about my tire advice, that their 20 year old turf tires with chains are better than any tire I bought.

• Like 1

Sarge

I'd never be afraid to own a single cylinder K-341 - love that engine and have several here , just plain tough and can't beat it's torque curve . My D-180 is an animal with the K-482 , same gutteral torque curve and very underrated engine . The diesel suggestion was in jest , to sort of fit with the tires , which I really like the look and regret replacing mine with the stock size since they look odd on the D's and the huge gap to the rear fenders . Great idea on using the 12" wheels on the front , I may do that with mine and ditch the 8" rims since I've already upgraded the front axle to trailer hubs and full bushings all around .

I agree about the opinions thing here , it like that all over and I just take things with a grain of salt and some thick skin - it's only the 'net after all . I certainly appreciate keeping them in original form , there is nothing built like a Horse for a reason...

We're all basically friends here and everyone has their preference , of course . There really is no right or wrong - if it's yours that is all that counts and I'm happy to have what I have in my collection , I've deeply regretted ever selling any that I've had in the past and if I had room I'd have a lot more of them . Nothing is more relaxing or enjoyable than using them for their intended purpose , or just giving the grandkids a ride around town...

Sarge

• Like 2

Thor27

I Hope you've been feeling better, Sure would like to see more pics of that D as you put her back together!