CRE1992

Okay well its not a tractor but...

Pullstart

Wow, that looks like it should be in an 80's ad!  I'm still amazed how much NOS stuff is still around these days...

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

pretty cool...... yep...NOS stuff is still out there. 

Glenn

• Like 2

Tankman

Be sure to let us know, curious. NOS tractor? Please tell!  :unsure:

• Like 2

oldredrider

I had that very mower back in '87. Hard to start...so bad I sent it back to the Toro dealer. They never could get it to start easy either and gave my money back.

• Like 2

TDF5G

I've got a 1988 Toro 21 self propelled that I bought new from local Wheel Horse Toro Dealer.  Still runs good and starts on the first pull, except after sitting all winter.  

• Like 3

stevasaurus

That's an excellent find Charles...good to see you still in the game.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

BESTDOGEVER

I had an earlier model of that  and it was the best mower I ever owned 

• Like 2

wh500special

Oh my goodness!

Those are my favorite walkers ever made.  If I were close to you I'd already be trying to work some kind of deal!

Toro phased them out after buying Lawnboy.  Apparently the Suzuki engine on those cost more for Toro to buy than it did to manufacture the whole LB mower.

It looks like a pusher w/o self propelled drive.  Wonder if that kept it from selling.

Steve

• Like 1

BESTDOGEVER

At one point toro made a commercial push mower with that engine that was well over 800.00,. They were  great running engines

varosd

good to hear from you Charles

hope to see this tractor in the box!

CRE1992

Well I went back and unfortunately it was not a wheel horse mower but it was still a pretty cool honda rider. Not for sale though. I also picked up another NOS toro push mower, similar to the one I posted, but a four stroke.The only NOS Toro Wheel Horse stuff is a wagon and a spike aerator. What do those wagons go for anyways?

20160316_171439_zpsingiop7x.jpg

20160316_171406_zpsawv1bw0f.jpg

20160316_171415_zpswh7x15xa.jpg

Edited by CRE1992
  • Like 4

CRE1992
16 hours ago, oldredrider said:

I had that very mower back in '87. Hard to start...so bad I sent it back to the Toro dealer. They never could get it to start easy either and gave my money back.

This one starts easily, first pull!

17 hours ago, Tankman said:

Be sure to let us know, curious. NOS tractor? Please tell!  :unsure:

Check out the pics I posted, its not a wheel horse but its red...

5 hours ago, varosd said:

good to hear from you Charles

hope to see this tractor in the box!

Well its out of the box!

9 hours ago, wh500special said:

Oh my goodness!

Those are my favorite walkers ever made.  If I were close to you I'd already be trying to work some kind of deal!

Toro phased them out after buying Lawnboy.  Apparently the Suzuki engine on those cost more for Toro to buy than it did to manufacture the whole LB mower.

It looks like a pusher w/o self propelled drive.  Wonder if that kept it from selling.

Steve

I don't think I will use it. I might keep it, or sell it to a collector lol. 

• Like 1

Tankman

Nice tractor! Hey it is red!

Good pickup.  I looked at one a few years ago, had a radiator. Seemed well built.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Friend picked up a Horse that I've never seen. His 1st grade son needed a Horse, he got a Mustang!

Deck now off, the kid is drivin' everywhere! His 1st Horse!

Mustang.jpg

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

Tankman

Don't know much 'bout walkers but found one, side of the road, $20. Runs like a champ, well worth $20.

Self propelled, only missing the two belt guards. Deck is cast aluminum.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Bobcat no longer makes this mower but a dealer in Wisconsin sent me a manual.

Bobcat-1.jpg

Bobcat-2.jpg

• Like 1

wh500special

I don't recall exactly what the problems are, but the honda tractors don't really share as good of a reputation as the rest of their products.  I think the engines were solid -most were water cooled - but I think the transaxles weren't very robust.  

Nice tractor though.   

My my boss had one that he brought to work years ago for the guys in the shop to work on.  I tinkered with it a bit and really enjoyed driving it.   Everything on it was well buttoned together and tight.  The engine was smooth and sweet.  

Nice cart.  

On March 16, 2016 at 5:52 AM, oldredrider said:

Kind of ironic since GTS stood for "Guaranteed to Start."

:) 

shallowwatersailor
1 hour ago, wh500special said:

I don't recall exactly what the problems are, but the honda tractors don't really share as good of a reputation as the rest of their products.  I think the engines were solid -most were water cooled - but I think the transaxles weren't very robust.  

Steve, John Deere made a model for Honda at one point. It was based on their small L173-series which are known for failure of the K46 transaxle and had a Honda-design hood with a Honda Twin underneath.  A RED John Deere!  :D 

56eb5e7491ed9_Honda4120.jpg.456c86ae9a59

I think the water-cooled versions are pretty stout. Honda actually sold a model that was close to a Compact 4WD tractor here in the US. One was on CL in my area a few weeks ago. I believe that was their 6000-series.

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 1

Tankman

Whatever the tractor, two boys want to get out and ride.

Those bigger Honda's do look sturdy. Didn't pick one up but did bid on one.

The boys want out!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

slammer302

After seeing this post about the NOS toro push mower made me realize i needed to upgrade my one piece of lawn equipment that wasn't toro or wheel horse so here it is picked it up today 1983 toro power drive :woohoo: 

IMG_20160319_152014387.jpg

• Like 1

BESTDOGEVER

Tankman that is a good looking  pug dog .they  are truly the  best. I miss my little buddy  I am sure that he would have loved riding on a horse