Having a hard time justifying $300 to rebuild the spindles and replace pulleys on my deck.  The deck is a (i believe) 05-36MS01 on my 1982 C85. I found these kits on Pat's and was wondering if anyone had tried to adapt them to a deck like mine?  Thanks

2016-03-14 19.46.38.jpg

2016-03-14 13.57.26.jpg

2016-03-14 15.12.30.jpg

• Like 1

300$ seems pretty high is there a reason your replacing all the pulleys? I believe most just replace bearings and blades but i know the pulleys can be damaged when removing them. Been there done. As for adapting the newer style spindles as long as they fit and the depth of the blades are right and you can get the pulley sizes and rpm that the blades would be spinning right go for it   

3 hours ago, JackHorse said:

Having a hard time justifying $300 to rebuild the spindles and replace pulleys on my deck.  The deck is a (i believe) 05-36MS01 on my 1982 C85. I found these kits on Pat's and was wondering if anyone had tried to adapt them to a deck like mine?  Thanks

2016-03-14 19.46.38.jpg

2016-03-14 13.57.26.jpg

2016-03-14 15.12.30.jpg

I have a deck that's in good shape where are u located?image.thumb.jpeg.65e6c4a545ce59326fe3572

The photo doesn't show it very well but the pulleys are badly corroded.  The deck itself is in pretty good shape, good and solid and all parts there. I haven't taken the spindles apart yet but they seem a little tight so I was hoping the shafts and housings are good and just needing to replace the bearings and seals. Those items plus pulleys,belt and blades were about $300.  Was looking at those spindle kits as a backup plan if mine turn out to be shot. I'm near Richmond, VA.

2016-03-14 14.18.03.jpg

2016-03-14 14.18.33.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great JackHorse. Thanks for posting your success! :handgestures-thumbupright:

My Ms. loved the RD deck. She towed a Parker or Jackson, whatever it was, sweeper. Lawns looked great when I pulled in the driveway after wo....wo....WORK.  :ROTF:

• Like 1