yzf450motoxrider

520h front and rear tire size

yzf450motoxrider

Is anyone running 26inch ag tires on a 520h I took some measurements and it looks like they would just fit. Also I'm looking at tri ribs for the front tires 16x6.5x8 will that work. Thanks.

ericj

don't quote me on this but i think the 26x12x12 tires are to big for a 300,400, and the 500 series tractors with out modifications, somebody should chime in here soon, but as an alternative i'm pretty sure a 24x12x12 will fit. if you want to run tire chains on either it could be a problem

eric j 

cheesegrader

Those are bigger than stock, and I think they will rub the seat pan without modification.

Someone had a picture here just a few days ago with a spacer under the seat pan to give it a little lift and solve that problem.

I think it is a good idea to keep the tractor level.  If you raise the rear axle an inch with 26" tires, I would try to pick fronts tires that give you the same lift.

Don1977 did the mod.

Pics are in the 1988 520h thread from a day or two ago.

Edited by cheesegrader

yzf450motoxrider

will the front tires work also can the front tires be run tubeless?

TunaSlayet

I have 26x12x12 on my loader. You have to shave the edge off the footrest, and lift the rear fender about 3/4". If you use wider rims and get the tire to sit flat, you may get by with out and mods. Here are a few pics. Tractor has improved stability and traction with the tires, but the gearing is a little off with the taller tires. If you are using your rig for jobs that require a lot of torque in the pushing or pulling department, I would re consider a smaller tire. These are tubeless on deep dish 520 rims. I want to swap my front tires for verdstein 18x8.5's, as I believe it would level the tractor, and be a great loader tire. 

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1296.JPG

• Like 5

WHX??

Nice looking working man's setup Tuna :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

yzf450motoxrider

I ended up getting deerstone 23x10.5x12 and firestone 16x6.5x8 tri rib. now i just have to get them mounted. Also the wheelbearings are in pretty bad shape so ill probably replace those as well. Anyone know of a cheap bearing kit? On partstree everything needed totals close to $100. Also there's a lot of play between the spindles and main axle. I'm planning on shimming it. Any other suggestions? thanks.

shallowwatersailor
8 hours ago, yzf450motoxrider said:

Also the wheelbearings are in pretty bad shape so ill probably replace those as well. Anyone know of a cheap bearing kit? On partstree everything needed totals close to $100. 

Try other vendors that are online. I have had good luck with RCPW.