Amcwheel85

310-8 hood wobble?

Amcwheel85

Ok after getting my tractors out today I finally remembered the hood on my 310-8 wobbles like crazy, I know why as the hole where the rod goes through to hold hood/grille on has worn and is a lot bigger the the rod now. My question is what's the best and easiest way to fix this? Thanks for any help! 

image.jpeg

cleat

I drilled the hood hinges and front tach bracket where they attach to 1/2".

Then make up a new 1/2" rod with a couple of cotter keys to hold them (I don't have a lathe to cut a groove for an e clip).

Hood is now nice and tight and the 1/2" rod will wear longer than the original smaller rod.

56e4d5bc499eb_Fronthitchrebuilt1.thumb.j56e4d5cc6b8b6_Fronthitchrebuilt2.thumb.j56e4d5da207d1_Fronthitchrebuilt3.thumb.j56e4d5e5d7d96_Fronthitchrebuilt4.thumb.j56e4d5f584925_Fronthitchrebuilt5.thumb.j

• Like 6

Amcwheel85

That looks great! And I will be doing just that asap! Thanks cleat! 

Phatboy

Also to help stop the ratiling i went to my buddys auto body shop and and got some of that trim that has the thick rubber seal on it with the metal pinch strip to hold in place ,, you know the window/door seal,, and put it ontop of the dash edge where it meets the hood works awesome to stop the hood rattles of the older horses,, hope that helps buddy !!!

• Like 2

Amcwheel85

Thanks phatboy that would prolly be what I could get done easier, so I may do that until I can fix the rod itself like cleat did. 

• Like 1

Phatboy

I can gake a pic of it on my 310-8 and post here for you tomorrow if ha want no problem ...

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Sounds good! Thanks

• Like 1

bitten

I drilled mine and installed bushings. Bushings are cheap to replace and will wear before the metal will. For the trim piece I used 3/8" rubber hose and cut a slit down the center. Just a couple more options, good luck.