Gene_S

Mentone Spring Garden Tractor Swap

RedRanger

@ztnoo sorry we didn't cross paths.  I did see your caprice there as well as saw you leaving headed South!

I'd know the car anywhere I see it now!  

I did get to converse with @Lane Ranger  and @stevasaurus had a present for me.

@J.A.  did very well and was still negotiating trades in the rain when we left.  @Jake Kuhn was wandering around snatching up buys and eyeballing deals.

Would have liked to hang around longer and shoot the breeze with everyone, but it got a bit frantic when the rain came down.

• Like 5

ztnoo

RedRanger

Sorry we didn't meet. Time just kinda got short quickly when the rain started. I did meet some of the guys and had some very nice discussions.

Several guys approached me on their own, because of previous ID info I posted and I'm very appreciative of their outgoing, friendly nature.

Seems like a great bunch of people.

I saw lots of stuff I'd never viewed before, including a D250.......what a beast of a machine. jawdrop.gif

I got there about 7:20, but left a little after 11 am, because it was beginning to rain harder all the time, with no let up in sight according to the forecast.

I'm not a big fan of standing around getting wet, with the temp in the low 40's, and a strong, constant, east wind in an open exposed field.

I then stopped by a friend's lake home at Beaver Dam Lake about 12 miles S.E. of Mentone . I sold them a cottage three years ago and hadn't been back since then. I also mooched lunch (not really....my arm was twisted to stay) along with the visit, so overall it was a good day, IMO.

The only thing that was bad about it was the rain......it really sucked.......and ended up spoiling everyone's fun, way too early.

Visibility on the road was not good at all going home with a steady 20-25 mph east wind, heavy rain, and very low cloud cover.

Hope every one made it safely home.

Maybe next time......

Regards,

Steve

p.s. Before I left town, I also got to view the world famous Mentone Egg. I'd never seen that before. Unique to say the least.  umm.gif

IMG_0642a.jpg

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 7

stevasaurus

Steve, JA, ACMan and Red Ranger...it was a pleasure meeting you guys.  Place was pretty cleaned out when I left.  There was a good crowd there, even with the rain.  I think I got to talk to almost everyone.  It was good to get out again after a long winter.  :)

• Like 5

Molon_Labe

Great turnout today! Got to meet up with stevasaurus, ztnoo, Glen Pettit and others for a bit. Picked up a few goodies for the latest project and really enjoyed myself. Down side was the rain but that's just part of it and the risk we take. Looking forward to the fall meet! Thanks to all who put this together.

• Like 3

AlwaysLookin80

I wish the weather was better for us. I would have stayed longer. We should maybe start a little get together amongst ourselves this summer. It was a pleasure meeting everyone, I hope everyone got what they were looking for and made it home ok. 

• Like 5

Fun Engineer

It was good to see old friends and meet some new ones this year. Hope everyone had a safe trip home. 

• Like 4

stevebo

Where are the pictures ????:ph34r:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:   :text-goodpost:   :text-+1:

:text-thankyoublue:

Shynon

:text-yeahthat:

RedRanger
2 hours ago, stevebo said:

Where are the pictures ????:ph34r:

Guess you had to be there?  :ychain:

• Like 1

GlenPettit

Another great show, rain and all . . . parking lot was fuller/larger than last year, light rain started about 11am then slowly heavier into the afternoon, looks like Chuck and I were about the last two to leave about 2pm, while the hosts were cleaning up.  Met lots of first-timers, including Steve ztnoo, and a bunch of young-new Wheel Horse teenagers who seemed really serious about learning about these tractors -- nice to see that. 

Maybe fewer trailer-loads of parts than last year were here to sell, due to the forecast, but the forecast right now for Mentone in September if really great weather, see you there . . . I didn't get any photos either.

Glen

• Like 4

ztnoo

I had a camera with me, but didn't take any pics at the meet.

Since I was a "first timer", I actually was too preoccupied meeting and talking with several WH gentlemen and making their acquaintance to remember to take pics.

I think everyone there knew it was only a matter of time because of the foreboding forecast before it would spoil everyone's fun, so guys seemed to be a in mad scramble to trade and sell while the conditions allowed for it.

By the time I remembered the camera, I was on the road and driving back into Mentone, and all I was left with for subject matter was the Mentone Egg. Hopefully that counts for something.......:laughing-rofl:

At the risk for forgetting anyone I did meet and inadvertently leaving out a name/username, I'll simply say a sincere thank you to all the guys I did meet and your warm and friendly response to me.

It was a real pleasure!

• Like 2

Fun Engineer

Sorry that there weren't any pictures. We either had our hands in our pockets trying to stay warm and dry or they were wrapped around a pulled pork or brat sandwich. You could tell that Scott, whfan 74 was raised in Michigan. He was wearing shorts. 

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

The rain made it hard to take many pictures, but I did take a couple.  As usual, I didn't buy or sell anything, but you would not guess that by looking at my load going there and my load coming back.  I did manage to get a shot of a few of the people that help me unload and load all of this stuff.  Thanks guys.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Got to give back all of Lane Ranger's 3 piece transmissions.

2008_0605LANE30021.JPG

Took a trip out to Smokin Joes last Thursday to pick up this Oddesy for Burly1.

2008_0611LANE40001.JPG

Here is my one shot taken at the show...some of the guys that really helped me out loading and unloading.  Jake, Lonnie, John, Eric.  Thank you guys.  :)

2008_0611LANE40002.JPG

So here is all I brought back.  I'm listing it so I have one place to look to figure out when and where it all goes in a couple of months and I will not forget anything.

1. 60" deck for Stevebo

2. one RJ/Suburban mower deck for R Wilson

3. pull behind disk for Smokin Joe

4. Suburban hood and steering wheel, shaft and gas tank for TerryM

5. RJ steering wheel for DClark

6. Kohler engine for Shynon

7. a transmission for Stevasaurus...compliments of Burly1 for hauling the cart for him.

2008_0611LANE40004.JPG

2008_0611LANE40005.JPG

2008_0611LANE40006.JPG

I think that is all.  It was a great time and was excellent seeing my old friends...and getting to meet quite a few new ones.  Ztnoo (Steve) it was a pleasure.  :)

2008_0611LANE40003.JPG

• Like 3

mabsoon

Did you say a Kohler engine go mabsoon? I swear that's what I read :)

Pulled pork and brats???

hmmm when is the next swap meet?

• Like 1

Gene_S

Another great Mentone (wet) Swap Meet. I give up trying to second guess mother nature. I only took these four pictures off the top of Chucks motorhome. Not long after the rain started. Thanks to everyone who made the trip out and it was great chatting with everyone and sorry I missed several people who were there. Ken started this 10 years ago and the fall Mentone Show and Swap Meet will be September 16th and 17th. Hope to see you there! Thanks, Gene

IMG_20160430_085223317.jpg

IMG_20160430_085218452.jpg

IMG_20160430_085212057.jpg

IMG_20160430_085207527.jpg

Edited by Gene_S
  • Like 2

Steve A W

Gene S

Is the fall show Friday & Saturday or Sat & Sunday?

Couldn't make it this weekend because my 11yr old daughter was to sick 

to go. She's my little buddy and I couldn't go without her.

Steve A W

• Like 1

RedRanger

Friday and Saturday

• Like 1

Gene_S

As RedRanger said Fri & Sat

Anyone wanting to camp can camp on the grounds. There just isn't no power or water available. We do have a porta jon brought in for those needs. 

• Like 1