Gene_S

Mentone Spring Garden Tractor Swap

stevasaurus

same as last year, but a little warmer.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Rain just makes it interesting...don't park in a low spot with a trailer.  :)

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

So it's a 5 + hour drive for me from northern Michigan. But I'm adding a trip down to Indianapolis Friday night to pick up some Wheel Horse stuff so that will add another 6 hours of driving before I reach Mentone. Can't wait. See you there Steve. 

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 2

RedRanger

Rain, mainly after 11am. High near 57. East wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Weather is looking more and more like last year.

I think all you buyers should just stay home and stay warm and dry.  :ychain:

I'll see the rest of you tomorrow!

• Like 3

stevasaurus

TOMORROW...TOMORROW...MENTONE IS TOMORROW...YOUR ONLY A DAY AWAY!!!  :) 

You can't fool me Fun Engineer  (Dave)  you are going to sneak in a Trump Rally.  Say Hi to the Donald for me.  :ROTF:

• Like 4

RedRanger
1 minute ago, stevasaurus said:

TOMORROW...TOMORROW...MENTONE IS TOMORROW...YOUR ONLY A DAY AWAY!!!  :) 

You can't fool me Fun Engineer  (Dave)  you are going to sneak in a Trump Rally.  Say Hi to the Donald for me.  :ROTF:

The Donald is in CA until Sunday.

He'll be back in Fort Wayne on Sunday and South Bend on Monday!  :D

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/schedule

• Like 3

Fun Engineer

Any suggestions on where to spend tonight in my tramper thats close to the swap meet?

RedRanger
36 minutes ago, Fun Engineer said:

Any suggestions on where to spend tonight in my tramper thats close to the swap meet?

You're welcome at my house, but I'm 1.5 hours West.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

What's a "tramper"?

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I think it is Michigandy for Cab/Bed  of his truck.  There are some motels west on RT# 30 in Plymouth...about 10 miles west of Etna Green.  :)  Might even be a Walmart there Ethel.  :)   Personally, I'd take RedRanger up on his offer.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

RedRanger
20 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

I think it is Michigandy for Cab/Bed  of his truck.  There are some motels west on RT# 30 in Plymouth...about 10 miles west of Etna Green.  :)  Might even be a Walmart there Ethel.  :)   Personally, I'd take RedRanger up on his offer.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ahhh ...  TRuck/cAMPER.  I get it.

"Michigandy"?  LOL

• Like 2

Fun Engineer
1 hour ago, RedRanger said:

You're welcome at my house, but I'm 1.5 hours West.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

What's a "tramper"?

Thanks red ranger. I think I found a couple campgrounds not too far from Mentone   It's an enclosed  equipment trailer that I camp in. 

I like the word Michiganian but it's awfully long so I guess I prefer Michigander   ;)

• Like 2

ztnoo

Since I've never been to the meet at Mentone, or any Wheel Horse gathering for that matter, I have no personal acquaintance or introduction to anyone from here at RS who will be in attendance.

For that reason, I'd like to describe myself.

I assure you I won't be dressed in formal wear like Lane. :lol:

I don't have a pic of myself readily at hand, but I'm 6'4" in height, about 275 lbs, and have a pony tail. I'll be in jeans most likely with either a navy blue hooded sweatshirt, Carhartt jacket, or if it's precipitating enough, perhaps a yellow rain slicker jacket.

If you can't identify me by this description, look for the vehicle below. It's a beige '85 Chevy Caprice Estate Wagon. I'm sure it will be the only thing like it at Mentone. Only 66,500 miles on her.

My name is Steve (ztnoo) and I'm from Gas City.

Hope to meet lots of you Wheel Horse fanatics.

IMG_0637b.jpgIMG_0640b.jpg

• Like 5

Fun Engineer

Stop over and say hi Steve.  Silver GMC pick up truck with a silver and black trailer. 

Dave

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 1

Steiny

When is the mentone tractor swap ?

ztnoo

TOMORROW

• Like 1

RedRanger
1 hour ago, ztnoo said:

Since I've never been to the meet at Mentone, or any Wheel Horse gathering for that matter, I have no personal acquaintance or introduction to anyone from here at RS who will be in attendance.

I don't have a pic of myself readily at hand, but I'm 6'4" in height, about 275 lbs, and have a pony tail. I'll be in jeans most likely with either a navy blue hooded sweatshirt, Carhartt jacket, or if it's precipitating enough, perhaps a yellow rain slicker jacket.

If you can't identify me by this description, look for the vehicle below. It's a beige '85 Chevy Caprice Estate Wagon. I'm sure it will be the only thing like it at Mentone. Only 66,500 miles on her.

That's a problem with these swap meets and get togethers.  Unless you've been around for a while, you don't know who is who when you end up in the same place.

I recognize a few guys, but not many.  We all need :rs:tattooed to our foreheads with our user names.

My son and I will be there about 9am till whenever.  Red GMC Sierra crew cab.

We'll be dressed warm.

I'm built like you minus the pony tail. 

Best I can say from going last year, as well as Scott's meet and greet last fall, is that it's a group of good friendly people, just ask them if they are on Redsquare and you'll be having introductions in no time.

Steve

• Like 2

ztnoo
16 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

That's a problem with these swap meets and get togethers.

Well, for me, hopefully I'm providing a few useful hints.

I've already posted my vehicle pics.......you definitely aren't going to miss or confuse what I will be driving.

My wife volunteers a lot at the local hospital and goes to lots of meetings, seminars, conferences, etc.

So she has the clear plastic name tag thingies with safety pin clasps for name cards.

This afternoon, I created my own......complete with RS user name, given legal name, and city of residence.....which I will be wearing, btw.

If someone can't figure out who I am with these clues, I'll have to totally recalibrate my approach.

umm.gif

IMG_0641a.jpg

• Like 5

AlwaysLookin80

When you see this trailer and black ram, you'll know it's me ! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

KC9KAS
4 hours ago, ztnoo said:

Hey, your car still has the shipping crate attached! :ROTF:

• Like 3

KC9KAS

I am at a SUPER 8 by Walmart at Rochester, IN right now.

Here is my truck.

20160429_202944_zpsyqzttkgd.jpg

• Like 1

mabsoon

@RedRanger "I'm built like you minus he pony tail"

Funny, I remember more like short and bald!!! :ROTF:

Ok, so not really short and not bald yet!

But he had some red in his garage :wh:

• Like 1

RedRanger

At least our cars will know who each other are.

1 hour ago, mabsoon said:

@RedRanger "I'm built like you minus he pony tail"

Funny, I remember more like short and bald!!! :ROTF:

Ok, so not really short and not bald yet!

But he had some red in his garage :wh:

You going to the meet?  We'll be leaving about 6 or 6:30 if you need a ride.

mabsoon

Wish I could!!!

But haven't had a lot of family time this year. Gonna spend some time with wife and daughter at soccer and??? Probably not a swap meet :-(.

but if you find.... Dump cart wheels and axle, KS341 AS, oh and those 23x10.5x12  turf tires you didn't have for me :) let me know :)

also looking for a real older steering knob... Not the after market crud I bought off of eBay...

My steering wheel has two holes in it for a knob. And I am gonna need it with the 60" deck.

squonk

I used to road trip to Nascar races in a 76 Caprice Classic wagon. Had the 3rd seat, 454 big block ice cold A/C from an A-6 Frigidaire compressor and factory AM/FM/CB radio. Man I miss those days. :banana-jumprope:

Mentone is too far for me so: :wwp::wwp:

• Like 6

stevebo

Wish I could attend but way too far. I do have something I am buying "kinda" from there with some help from some good people:D

• Like 4

RedRanger
12 hours ago, mabsoon said:

Wish I could!!!

But haven't had a lot of family time this year. Gonna spend some time with wife and daughter at soccer and??? Probably not a swap meet :-(.

but if you find.... Dump cart wheels and axle, KS341 AS, oh and those 23x10.5x12  turf tires you didn't have for me :) let me know :)

also looking for a real older steering knob... Not the after market crud I bought off of eBay...

My steering wheel has two holes in it for a knob. And I am gonna need it with the 60" deck.

Sorry, got your text late morning and it was already raining and we were headed back home.

Didn't see any cart wheels, but there were a bunch of carts and trailers!

Saw a very nice pair of nearly new 23x10.50 Carlisle turfs for $40 each, but no rims with them.

Swap meet was better than last year.  Twice as many people and lots of "horse tradin'" going on.

Rain started shutting it down about 11am.

Portland next month!