Lawn Ranger

KC9KAS

:WRS:

• Like 1

slammer302

Nice looking little Lawn Ranger. Love the lights

• Like 1

JPWH

:WRS: Sorry i can't help you except to say nice litle :wh:.

Hank

• Like 1

Tankman

Great Horse to get acquainted with! You'll be experiencing WHA (Wheel Horse Addiction). It shows already. :text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

8756 would be a 1970 Lawn Ranger.   Any serial numbers on the engine?

• Like 4

slammer302

Looks like a 64 Lawn Ranger with the round back fenders but maybe they have been added 

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

Leonard F.

I started taking her apart this afternoon, but the steering wheel is stuck to the shaft so I can't get the hood off.  I guess I need to buy a puller.  Once I get the hood off, and get the motor out I will check for a number.

Edited by Leonard F.

Amcwheel85

Gotta love the little Rangers!! I will own one someday.. Good luck with it! 

• Like 1

Daddy Don

Great tractor. Now start saving for your next one and then next one and so on. Have fun redoing it. You will proud of it. 

• Like 3

roadapples

:WRS: Nice start...

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Leonard F.    :WRS:    nice start. Be careful taking that S/Wheel off. Ask how to do it. There are good people here that know how to do it the right way.   Gary    B...

• Like 2

AMC RULES

I'm no Lawn Ranger guy...   :dunno:

but, it looks like an early one to me.

• Like 1

slammer302
9 hours ago, Leonard F. said:

I started taking her apart this afternoon, but the steering wheel is stuck to the shaft so I can't get the hood off.  I guess I need to buy a puller.  Once I get the hood off, and get the motor out I will check for a number.

There should be a lock collar on the steering shaft under the back side of the dash loosen it and you will be able to pull the whole shaft up a little and drive the roll pin out of the gear on the end of the shaft then you should be able to pull the steering wheel and shaft as one peice 

• Like 5

Terry M
10 hours ago, slammer302 said:

Looks like a 64 Lawn Ranger with the round back fenders but maybe they have been added

Slammer is correct...What you have is a 1964 Lawn Ranger...it is the only year  the lawn ranger hadpost-5864-0-51224400-1417222696_thumb.jp the long round hood with the little "clam shell" fenders.

• Like 8

TDF5G

• Like 1

WHX??

Welcome to Red Square Leonard..... good advice from slammer... might be a battle to get the wheel off  but will be a little easier if it's not on the tractor.  Couple of threads going on here now for ways to get them off as well as many in the past. Couple of tractors I have I didn't even try to get it off , just did what slammer says and restored it with it on the shaft. Have to be real careful when working on horses because it might get wrecked taking it apart and parts ain't exactly at Walmart.  Any other problems start a thread and we will be happy to help. Won't find a more friendly or knowlegeable bunch of  folks about theses tractors than here.

Enjoy your :wh:

• Like 3

WHX??

Some good tips on steering wheel removal here in Hank's thread, page six....  http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/57758-hanks-854-rebuild/?page=6

This might be useful as well http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/1692-tractor-1964-34e-34r-lawn-ranger-da-ipl-wiring-snpdf/

probaly more files you might find useful in the manuals section

Edited by WHX61/3
  • Like 1

Leonard F.
8 hours ago, slammer302 said:

There should be a lock collar on the steering shaft under the back side of the dash loosen it and you will be able to pull the whole shaft up a little and drive the roll pin out of the gear on the end of the shaft then you should be able to pull the steering wheel and shaft as one peice 

Thank you for the advice.  Much appreciated.

I removed the set screw from the collar, but the collar won't budge.  So I am still trying to figure that out.

I was able to swing the hood around and remove the engine, and here's the info I got off of that:

Model H60-7563B

Serial 3203 04668

Ed Kennell

Could that engine model be H60-75063B.   That's  the engine in a '63 Lawn Ranger.

Edited by ekennell
  • Like 1

Leonard F.
9 minutes ago, ekennell said:

Could that engine model be H60-75063B.   That's  the engine in a '63 Lawn Ranger.

Well, I just checked again.  And this time I wore my glasses, and wouldn't you know it:

Model H60-75063B

Serial 3203 04668

• Like 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, Leonard F. said:

I removed the set screw from the collar, but the collar won't budge

They do like to do that...rust on. Clean the steering shaft up with some grits cloth and spray the snot out of the collar with some wd-40, liquid wrench or what have you and let it soak. Then try twisting/turning it with channel locks.  

Do you plan on restoring it?

• Like 1

Leonard F.
19 minutes ago, WHX61/3 said:

They do like to do that...rust on. Clean the steering shaft up with some grits cloth and spray the snot out of the collar with some wd-40, liquid wrench or what have you and let it soak. Then try twisting/turning it with channel locks.  

Do you plan on restoring it?

Thanks for the info.  I've been going after it with WD-40, so we shall see...

Yeah, I'm going to restore it.  And it may go to my father in Nebraska who used to farm, and along with his two brothers, goes to just about every tractor show in the state (the bigger tractors, that is).  Or maybe the next one will go to him, we'll see.  Either way he's getting one, and I'm getting one, ha.

Edited by Leonard F.
  • Like 3

gwest_ca
13 hours ago, Leonard F. said:

Well, I just checked again.  And this time I wore my glasses, and wouldn't you know it:

Model H60-75063B

Serial 3203 04668

According to this service bulletin the H60-75063b was only used in the 1964 34E Lawn Ranger and model 654.

The fenders may be bolted on the wrong sides and be the reason they look odd.

Garry

• Like 4