cafoose

attaching Ber-Vac W0246D snow thrower to 520-HC

WNYPCRepair
6 minutes ago, cafoose said:

Yep that's what I need along with a belt guard

A belt what? :)

I don't think anything of mine has a guard.  

Tractor boy
On 3/6/2016 at 4:33 PM, cafoose said:

I just got the lift hooked up and it seems to work right.

20160306_161800.jpg.6a62112be1df945e5e25

Here is how I hooked it up.

20160306_161941.jpg.973e3dc45827855df9a820160306_162122.jpg.70401df74771f4034a6420160306_162034.jpg.a961570e2bd4ac0a573c

So it does not involve the lift rod? And did you remove the lift chain? Also it seems I'm misssing the part to attach the lift assist springs to the blower. 

cafoose
2 minutes ago, Tractor boy said:

So it does not involve the lift rod? And did you remove the lift chain? Also it seems I'm misssing the part to attach the lift assist springs to the blower. 

This is how I attached the lift assist springs. I fabricated the upper attachment point with a large bolt and mounted it in the front attachamatic where the mule drive goes check out this thread:

It uses the same lift lever as the mower deck uses. The lift chain is still used.

20160306_162122.jpg

20160306_162034.jpg

20160306_161941.jpg

Tractor boy

Okay, so I have the lift springs figured out. But after googling it and reading through all the threads you posted, cafoose I'm still having trouble hooking up the the lift arm. Also is 12 horse power even enough to run a two stage blower?

cafoose
14 minutes ago, cafoose said:

The lift chain is still used.

:text-imsorry:The lift chain is not needed but does not need to be removed. I just looked at the pictures again. :blink:Here is a diagram of attaching implements to the lift arm:

WheelHorseLiftGuide.jpg

Tractor boy

So there should be a second connection point. Hmmm I'll have to look at that again. So should my little 312 have enough hp to power the two stage blower?

cafoose
16 minutes ago, Tractor boy said:

Also is 12 horse power even enough to run a two stage blower?

I have never used a 12 hp with a two stage blower myself so I'm not sure how it will work. Click this link and type in "12 hp two stage" in the search box and look at the results I think that should answer your question.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/

Tractor boy

I looked that up and there wasn't anything helpful. Please pm me if you own one of these! I have a lot of questions!

hgpsmerk

Hey just so you know the belt which fits a 314-8 and others is a Jason B62 belt. Just fyi for bervac owners.

• Like 1