johnidi

Plow for 523Dxi

johnidi

Hoping someone can help answer this question. I Have a 523Dxi and I'mm looking for a plow/blade. I found this item for sale and told it came off a wheel horse commando 800 large frame. Would this fit my Wheel horse? Or do you have another suggestion.

Thanks

Plow.jpg

WNYPCRepair

The only attachments that will fit an XI model (without fabricating a new mount) are XI attachments. The mounting system is different, and length/width of the tractor is different. If you can find a frame for an xi, the blade from a 300, 400, or 500 series will go on the frame. 

• Like 1

johnidi

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback.

shallowwatersailor

The attachments for the 5xi series are specific to this model. The 5xi is a longer, larger tractor with: a front-mount PTO as opposed to the Classic Wheel Horse side-mount; wider frame so the Attach-A-Matics' mounting points are further apart; a different hanger arrangement for the mower decks; and a longer wheelbase with a swept forward axle for sectoring a blade . Because of this they usually command a higher price. The 5xi attachments only show up once in a while compared to Wheel Horse attachments like you found, but not to say that they are not out there and it may take some time to find them. The good thing is that it appears that the majority of these tractors were sold east of the Mississippi.

A dozer/snow blade could be reworked from another model but some fabricating would be needed. A better choice to start with would be a 48" blade intended for a late 520-H.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• loudtractor
      By loudtractor
      96-42BA01 plow. Brand new in box. I assembled to make sure all parts were included. Did have to add a trip spring, spring rod, and index rod. Someone "borrowed" them as it sat in the warehouse for 50 years. Box is a bit rough, but I could reinforce it for transport. I will disassemble it, need workbench space.
      Made for (per manual):
      1974 A800,
      1975 A80
      1976-7 A90 A100
      I believe vertical shaft tractors. Maybe others?
      Thanks for looking
      Matt 

• 87buickt
      By 87buickt
      Listing for a friend, late 70s I believe D200 deck and plow. Been sitting for a while, make reasonable offer, friend also has tons of literature he may part with, if Interested let me know

• Donavon
      By Donavon
      Need ideas to convert my 1054 A Frame plow into a snow blower
      Any idea's?
    • RJ Hamner
      By RJ Hamner
      Will the plow I am using on my C121 and C160 work on a 876?  
      or is the plow frame different?
      Thanks
      Bob
    • Nuzmuz
      By Nuzmuz
      Just wanted to show a modification I did to my 1990 310-8. I recently picked up a 36” tiller for my horse and I tried it out on my new garden area. After hitting a rock, it knocked one of the axle brackets open dropping the right side of the tiller. On a manual I viewed, it had clevis pins to hold the lever in, but my bracket did not have them. I drilled a 1/4” hole through on each lever and mounted a 1/4” clevis pin and hairpin cotter to reinforce the lever. I read on another post to just tighten the bolts on the levers, but I think this will work a little better. Hope this helps someone!