WHX??

Favorite Tool/Equipment

WHX??

Thanks for starting this section @nylyon and Mike @prondzy for suggesting it so with thanks given I would like to kick it off by  seeing pics or comments on your favorite piece of shop equipment or tool(s). You know something that you couldn't work on horses without or that they would have to pry it out of your cold dead hands. It can be more than one thing of course! Pics of mine to follow.

• Like 2

jcp0420

Flex head ratchet wrenches and stubby ratchet wrenches. I use both these on a daily basis!

• Like 2

Retired Sparky

How can I pick just one. Without all of our tools how good are any of us. I can't do anything I need to do without all of my tools. I like this forum but I can't pick just one. I love them all, as I do you my brothers.  Put that in your Funk & Wagnalls.    B)

Edited by Retired Sparky

WNYPCRepair

I've found that I love building stuff, so for me, I guess I would have to say my welder, but then that means I also need my porta band saw, steel mitre saw, and though I haven't done that much with it, the plasma cutter. 

• Like 2

prondzy

Whx6 the tool I couldn't live without would have to be my 1/4 drive impact. It is amazing how fast you can tear down or repair a tractor with one of these.56d98a8d05693_download(1).jpg.3af17fe2f7

• Like 8

can whlvr

its a hard question but probally the welder for me too

• Like 3

Digger 66

I have to say the tool I reach for most is my rechargeable  Skil ratchet .

Sure , it won't bust lug-nuts but for all those fasteners that are between finger tight & fully torqued . this baby saves a ton of time .

IMG_0816_zps7842ad25.jpg 

• Like 5

squonk

Not my favorite tool to have to use but my IR air hammer has gotten me out of more jams than I can shake a stick at! :tools-hammerdrill:

• Like 3

Phil854

My 60 gal Campbell Hausfeld air compressor

• Like 5

Aldon

My favorite tool is the one I need for the job at hand! LOL

But to narrow it down, I like force multipliers. Air tools and my new compressor top the list but my hydraulic hub puller has helped immensely as well.

Welder is on my short list as well.

19richie66

Its a tie for me...... Hobart 175 mig welder and Miller 375 X-treme plasma cutter. I love cutting things and welding them back together.B)

• Like 4

WHX??
12 hours ago, Aldon said:

Air tools and my new compressor top

How did we know you like air tools Aldon, with that new beast whats not to like?:)

• Like 1

Digger 66

N I C E !!!

I guess that fits in this topic .:D

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 1

wheelhorse -ady

my favourite tool now

• Like 1

MWR

Big Hammer.

GO DEVIL.jpg

• Like 5

Aldon

Todays favorite tool, seeing as my favorite is the one that I need at that moment, is this hydraulic punch set. Used it to punch access hole in the gas tank heat reflecting shield on the GT14 restomod to add oil dipstick.

Having the right tool makes it a lot more enjoyable!

image.jpg

• Like 5

ranger

One of my favorite, most useful 'tools' for working on horses has got to be 'Red Square' and it's sister site, 'My Old Machine'.

so much knowledge and advice/assistance given freely by so many helpful people make the subscription fee more than worth the cost.

• Like 4

Retired Sparky
On 4/18/2016 at 8:08 PM, Aldon said:

Todays favorite tool, seeing as my favorite is the one that I need at that moment, is this hydraulic punch set. Used it to punch access hole in the gas tank heat reflecting shield on the GT14 restomod to add oil dipstick.

Having the right tool makes it a lot more enjoyable!

image.jpg

That looks like a nice knock out set. Greenlee also makes a great set.

Aldon

Greenlee is the gold standard and for sure excellent. This complete Temco 9 ton set was less than a C note with plenty of electricians positive reviews. After using it, I concur with the other reviews.

• Like 1

Retired Sparky

When I was using them I didn't have to buy them.   I do have a nice hand set.

• Like 1

micro_meteor

Drive on Under deck spray cleaner design?