Texas Todd

Mid-Mount and Front Blades

Texas Todd

I have run across these two plow/blades. Will they fit a 312-8?

What would a reasonable price be (assuming all of the hardware is present, which I still don't know)

Also curious if you think any of these decks will fit mine.  I have not seen them in person. Also a reasonable price for the decks. 

For what its worth, I put a 16hp Kohler engine on the 312-8, if power is a concern. 

Thanks!

00j0j_awyUJ2QZqQM_600x450.jpg

20160209_133211.jpg

roadapples

:WRS:

Texas Todd

Thank you! Any idea on the rear discharge deck in the pic?  Also, a reasonable price for the blades?

Thanks much.

can whlvr

looks like all the decks would fit too,as far as price it really depends on supply and demand,i see that you are in texas,probally not as much wheelhorse stuff as lets say Illinois or ohio,atc,closer too the sothbend plant,that being said as far as the blade around me if it had all the goodies,rear hitch you wouldn't get it for under 250 dollars,but I see some guys get them for 50 bucks,thats not gonna happen too often,the grader blade around me,and we don't see them at all,ive seen 2 in 20 years and I bought them both,each for 200 dollars,which is a steal(in my area)it depends how bad you want it and how much the owner is willing to bend,cash in hand allways speaks loudly,if you don't see much stuff around you then I wouldn't wait too long,deals don't come that often,make mowers are all over the map,ive paid 50 bucks and had to rebuild them,and ive paid 300 and didn't touch it just mowed with,so condition,availability,and want  and area are all factors to consider,cant tell if that is a 60 inch deck on its side or 48,dont think I would put a 60 on a 16,you can but id stick with the 48,and the rear looks to be a 42,id get both the rear and side,both have their places

Texas Todd

Thanks can whlvr!

KC9KAS

@TVR :WRS:

I just bought a blade, frame & axle bracket for $100. I didn't need it, but thought it was priced right so I jumped at the opportunity.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

I have sold decks for $50 and for $600.     Spindle bearing condition and rust thru on the deck metal makes all the difference.

Pop the belts off and check each spindle. They should spin freely with no noise.    Then check for bearing wear by pushing the blades side to side and up and down.  There should be only a few thousand " movement.

I like my 36" RD for mowing during the summer when I don't collect the grass.

In the spring when the grass is heavy, I like the SD.  I usually windrow and sweep up the grass. 

I also find it is easier to trim with the 48" as it extends out past the tractor wheels allowing closer  trimming around trees and fences.

I don't see a 60" in the pictures, but a 60" would not fit a 312 anyway.   I do see 5 different decks in the pictures.  I would offer a price for all 5 decks and both blades.

:text-welcomeconfetti:to:rs:

Texas Todd

Thanks. Its just a total of 3 decks.

can whlvr

see theres an example that Indiana seems to have a fair stock of horse stuff,wish I could get a complete plow for 100 bucks,i could have one for every tractor:ychain:

tractorhogg

Yeah, the guy wants 300 for each deck, while they do look like they are in good shape that seemed a little high to me

Texas Todd

Yep. Thats where they started and 400 on the blades........each

Edited by TVR
Clarification

Ed Kennell

Keep looking.

Lane Ranger

They say everything is Big In Texas and those asking prices seem bigger than anywhere else I have been or seen !     If you go up to Arkansas or Missouri  you will do better on the asking prices !

Texas Todd

This is the 312-8/K341 Amalgamation.  The story is neighbor to the south sold me the 1989 312-8 about 6 years ago or so. He was original owner. Started smoking last year so I was considering rebuilding it.  Neighbor to the north overheard me talking about it and said he had a 1976 K341 engine sitting in his shop. The shroud from his C-160 had torn apart and he couldn't buy one, so he had to buy the whole engine just for the shroud.  Long story short, I used my bearing plate and shroud/starter off my 312-8 and had to add a coil/condenser as the new (1976) flywheel didn't have the magnets so it wouldn't work with the ignition setup.

So I have a 1989 312-8 with a 1976 (brand new) K341 16 horse.

Runs great! Hope to get another 27 years out of it!

20160303_164637_resized.jpg

20160303_164654_resized.jpg

20160303_164754_resized.jpg

• Like 1

can whlvr

that's agreat machine,the prices seem high but I bet theres not a lot of horse stuff around you,if you factor infuel and time to go get another,i could even out,looks like your deck is in fair shape,if the plow came with the rear mount and is all there 300 would be what I would go to,but that's only my opinion,i have 3 now so I wouldn't pay that as I don't need one,but if I did need one I would pay that,i paid 400 for mine 20 years ago,before I had a computer or internet,so the dealer was it,i was lucky to even find a used plow back then without internet

roadapples

Isn`t that what they call a sleeper, a 16 horse disguised as a 12....  Nice tractor..

Texas Todd

"The Sleeper" has a better ring to it than the amalgamation!

• Like 1