Ed Kennell

Dozer blades..Keep em centered.

Bert

Nice work  :text-goodpost:

• Like 2

cleat

Sway control is a great thing to take stress off of the rear axle and the mount.

I did this. No up stop but mine doesn't seem to lift too far.

Great job.

• Like 1

JoeliusZ28

looks like a great idea, nice work

• Like 1

Phatboy

Can you take it off and post some pics of the back side so we might use it also, and get a good look at how its all put together, Please :wwp:

Ed Kennell

I can, but I am not too happy with the appearance of the welds.  The bolts were galvanized and although I ground it off in the areas I planned to weld, the zinc still contaminated the welds and caused a lot of splatter.

I simply butt welded the two 5/8" bolts together in a TEE shape, then placed the TEE on the tractor and with the blade raised and  got my width and height  measurements for the gusset plate.

Then I placed the TEE on the 1/16" steel plate and welded the bolts to the plate at their 3 ends.

You can see on the unpainted pic where I concentrated the weld.    I'll try to get you a pic tomorrow.

Edited by ekennell
  • Like 1

Phatboy

No rush buddy , this is the second such stabilizer in 2 days posted here and im gonna make one of them cause i have often thought there should be some kind of support in the front of the plow esp when moving earth ,, again thanks bud i appreciate it..

JPWH

I have never had a front plow but hope to acquire one at the big show. I was not aware that keeping them center was an issue. Thanks for the info and the fix. That looks great.

Hank

Coadster32

Great idea. Thanks for sharing. It looks really good on your tractor.:text-bravo:

diesel horse

Great idea!  Well done. 

Ed Kennell

Here's your pic of the ugly backside Phat.IMG_5539.JPG.65eda128cfd1269fd8457c23fa7

• Like 4

IthacaJeff

One thing you might consider, along with others making plow stabilizers, is the ability to lock the plow in the up position. Being able to lock the plow in the up position enables you to unlatch the plow at the center lift point (chain or bar). By unlatching the lift you free up the lift lever for rear implements without having to remove the dozer blade.

With the dozer blade locked in the up position you can free up the lift lever for the rear clevis or slot hitch and not have to remove the blade. Recently I needed to create a shallow but wide drainage ditch and needed both the single bottom plow and dozer blade. I don't have a dozer blade stabilizer, but affixed a simple hook system to latch the dozer blade in the up position. I unhooked the dozer blade from the lift lever and attached the bottom plow in the usual manner. I used the plow to cut out some grooves in the dirt, then re-affixed the lift latch for the dozer blade to move the loosened soil. I did need to remove the bottom plow, but that only took a few moments. I had to do this a couple of times. . . .bottom plow, dozer, bottom plow, dozer. Worked pretty well.

• Like 7

cleat

I could do that, good idea.

However, I have quite a few tractors so each one can do a different job if necessary.

Ed Kennell

:text-goodpost:     And easy to do with the stabilizer rod.  

I was thinking of drilling several holes in mine so I can set different minimum blade elevations with a washer and hairpin clip.   A hydro lift with a height-a-matic feature.

Having a  blade depth stop on the hydro lifts  will be a great feature  for snow plowing on the stones  and grading work.:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 5

Tankman

That's a simple and very nice addition for my blades. Another summer project for the grandsons and Pop-Pop! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Stabilizing the left/right movement will be a plus when angling the blade. Thanks for the pic's!

• Like 2

can whlvr

good job:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Retired Sparky

I hope I can find a dozer blade for my 310 at the big event.  I like that centering device addition.:text-goodpost:

• Like 1

roadapples
19 minutes ago, Retired Sparky said:

I hope I can find a dozer blade for my 310 at the big event.  I like that centering device addition.:text-goodpost:

In recent years there have been quite a few to choose from, good luck...

• Like 2

Retired Sparky
3 minutes ago, roadapples said:

In recent years there have been quite a few to choose from, good luck...

Great, see you there.  B)

• Like 2