Sign in to follow this  
fritz

short frame

fritz

i have a short frame snow blade that has been modified for a long frame. it is only about six inches longer. i do not know if it would be bad do keep blading with it. becouse it is really close to the hood. do i need to try to find a long frame blade or do you think it should make it through the winter with out hurting my wheel horse ????/

thank you all

devin

Lane Ranger

Fritz: How long is the whole frame from front to end that goes under the rear axle? Also how long from rear to the mid-attachment welded piece for you lift handle or hydraulic life to attach to?

I think 63 or 64 inchses is the lenght it should be.

My recollection is that some of the mid-attach hangers are six inches shorter or longer from the rear.

Confused99

I am guessing if it's that close to your hood, you are not able to angle it?

fritz

no i cant angle it. i don't think it is a mid mount blade because it seems to be the right size for my 857. well I'm at school got to go thank you all

devin

Rollerman

Devin can you help us out with some pics?

You say it's a short frame plow thats extended 6"...but you have it on an 857 & it's not long enough? :hide:

I guess maybe I'm missing something?

stevebo

Where are you located ??

fritz

it aint on my 857. it just looks like it would be the rite size for my 857. sorry. its on my raider 8. and the hood wont open all the way. yes i will try to get some pics. it will have to be tomrorw tho becouse i hate having to do 10th grade english. i am located close to terre haute indiana.

WheelHorse_of_course

Maybe this is a plow for a Vert?? Those are the only one's I know of that are mid mount... :D :hide:

fritz

i dont know. it looks like it is a blade for a short frame that has been modified to fit on the long frames. it fits on my raidr 8 but is to close to the hood. i cant get any pictures. and i aint really had much snow. just mainly ice :hide: i wish we had snow. becouse i have to go to flroida and i really dont want to but t hey dont have snow down there.