IthacaJeff

Gravel on the grassy bank

Tankman
8 minutes ago, ekennell said:

Yeah, you definitely don't want to try to suck up stones with a lawn vac system. That could get real exciting when the stones go thru the blower.

But a high suction vac system that drops the heavy objects in a container and nothing goes thru the blower...That should work.

A blower would probably push the stones, but some of mine are thrown 20' into the yard.  That's a long distance to push a stone.

Try the lawn sweeper. That power sweeper would probably work but too $$$$$ for me. :wacko:

• Like 1

IthacaJeff

Update. . . so I emailed the town highway dept (small town) about the problem. Perhaps as a consequence of my letter or just because they did it on their own, a portion of the ditch was cleaned out. However, this was only a part where an underground culvert emptied into my roadside ditch, but had been blocked by the large amount of road gravel that had been dumped there.

We'll see if they do more. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm thinking my best bet may be to rake the gravel from the bank to the bottom of the ditch. I may be able to dozer it into piles from there. Gotta do it before the grass begins to grow.

Ed Kennell

Good news  Jeff.  Glad the local gov is taking some action.    How did they clean it up?

IthacaJeff

Not sure how they cleaned out the one area, probably one of the Grade-all bucket trucks that is used for normal ditch maintenance. But, I still have about 200 yards of roadway in my grass. . .

can whlvr

if they use a gradall,woulnt all the grass or sod be dug up as well

IthacaJeff
15 hours ago, can whlvr said:

if they use a gradall,woulnt all the grass or sod be dug up as well

Yes, there was an area that they entirely dug bout with the Gradall.

squonk

THE YARD BOSS!!!!!! IS ANYBODY LISTENING???? HELLO????? :)

IthacaJeff

Yes, Mike, I'm listening. But that is a pretty pricey option for some limited use. . . I was kinda hoping for a home built out of the box thinking option.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jayzauto
      By Jayzauto
      GMorning Gang,
             Last year I had purchased an old C175 with blown engine and all the attachments the owner had with it, including the FEL.  He gave me everything he had, or thought he had.  It was quite a pile, requiring 2 trips.  Of course, in the heat of the moment, it appeared everything was there, except belts for the most part.  He even had most of the original documentation.  Now I know what your thinking, and you'd be correct...... everything was Not there. And as we all know, it's the little things that hold up the project AND seem to cost the most money.... mot to mention the heartache.  But, I did find an engine, got the tiller installed and working, the plow mounted, the deck running.  Now for the Big hit..... The FEL.  I do seem to have most of it.... The bucket and arms assembly, lower frame, weight box. weights, chains and even the pump , with brackets that was still mounted to the blown engine.  The show stopper here is what is called the "Front Mount Assembly".  It mounts to the front of the frame, and the stabilizer arms to the posts attach to it.  It also has a couple of hose brackets that hold the hydraulic hoses from flopping around.  I did look around, and none appear to be available...Big Giant Surprise.  I can't imagine anyone parting it out, even IF they knew what it was.   But I pretend to be a welder and have Fab skills,
      (Sorry, that should have read Fab Equipment), So I'm sure I could Hack one together if I had measurements.  The grainy B&W photo in the manuals make it look very simple (Hahahahahaahahahah).....Anyways, is there anyone that would be willing to take a couple color shots And Measurements of their "Front Mount Assembly"?
      Or rough estimates, then I can Make up something clos, and tweak it after its installed.

It appears to be the Ark style Loader, with the catalog number of 97-40FL-01.   The actual part number of the bracket is: WheelHorse 260932 (part #36 in the pix)

Again, it looks like it attaches to the front of both Frame rails and loops around the front.  It attaches with 4) 3/8" bolts and would have the hoses attached to it.  It looks like it loops close to the front of the frame, meaning the mule drive would have to be removed, maybe even the Attach-A-Matic front bracket too.  And its job is to give the Brace Arms a place to attach to.

Wish I had more info to give,  
      Can anybody help me out?

Thanx in advance,  Have a Great weekend
      Jay
      I'll accept any form of communication, Calls, Texts, Emails

• WVHillbilly520H
      By WVHillbilly520H
      I know I have sorta hi-jacked @PeacemakerJack's "let's go plowing/rolling dirt" thread with my gardening madness so I'll start it over here with some pics of the progress I have made so far and as planting and growing season continues... I also encourage any other RS member who is preparing a garden this year to contribute to this thread as well like @Greentored, @Andy N., @ZXT, ect so here it goes...from sinking a plow in the ground to tilling and discing to bringing over all of dad's sleeve hitch gardening implements to making rows and planting potatoes and onions today at the in-laws plot. Will update as things proceed like planting other veggies and maintaining plants and soil/weed control ect.

• Blackhood Bill
      By Blackhood Bill
      Ok folks first of for those who have helped me "THANK YOU", But here we go again. I inherited my father's C-145A and I have apiece of equipment I need to Identify. It does have a Wheel Horse sticker on the rear left side while facing the rear. Looking for what it is, model, what it's used for, how it's used and any manual someone might have for it. Don't think I would ever use it, might restore it back to the Wheel Horse red( provided it was red originally) which is a good question, what was it originally. Please see the photos. Does this piece look complete? I think it is a disc but I'm not sure. Thanks again!!!!!!!!

• tristan watson
      By tristan watson
      I'm looking for some help I'm wanting to fab a mid mount grader for my '73 10 automatic but I'm looking for someone who has one to measure it i have been looking online for the last few days and can't seem to find anything so if anyone know what the measurements might be or a webste where i might find anything i would really appreciate any help i can get on this thanks.
    • IthacaJeff
      By IthacaJeff
      I'm not really sure why I feel compelled to post this, and my daughter might kill me, but she finally got on the horse. 
      It is a rule in the family that you cannot get your learner's permit for driving until you get significant seat time mowing.
      My 3 older boys had no hesitation, my younger 14 year old twin daughters have been getting some time, but 16 year
      old daughter has been reluctant to say the least. This has not been one of the forced chores, but a lesson in "If I
      want to do X, I'll need to suffer with Y".  Well, the other day I asked if she wanted to mow, same question as all
      summer, and I expected the same answer, "No thanks, dad, I'm good." But, finally, she agreed.

Took instruction with great care, listened intently, and did a great job. The 416-8 is not the easiest thing to master,
      but she had no problems with the clutch, or keeping the tractor on a good mowing path. Got confident going
      around trees. It was awesome.