Kungfil

C165 replacing hydro hose...hope I'm posting in rite place

Kungfil

Please understand i dont know a whole lot about mechanics, but this is how im gonna learn.

When sitting on tractor there is a 9"ish long hose by my left foot that is leaking.

Wanting to fix...and I'm pretty sure it connects to pump/piston?

?s

Probably can get a new hose and connectors from a reds square vendor? Or easy to get from a parts/mower store?

Special things to know about dealing with hydro fluids, resoviors, air in line etc?

Type of replacement fluid?

Thanks for any help in advance.

pfrederi

First we need to know the model number and year of your C165 Auto.  Some came with Sundstrand Hydro units some Eatons.  Hint if the hydro filter looks out the rear of the tractor it is an Eaton  If it is on the right side  Sundstrand.

The Parts manuals can be downloaded here.  This link has section for both Eaton and sundtrand.  Then you can look at the diagrams to see which hose is leaking.  The part number you can look up and see if it is still available;le from Toro

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/3620-tractor-1980-c-165-auto-da-tipl-snpdf/

• Like 1

Aldon

And spend some time using the search forum section. There has been many threads on similar topics including threads that give details on replacement parts and work arounds when fittings are no longer available.