chorusguy

everyone makes mistakes

chorusguy

Especially me.  I bought this c120 last week.  I wanted it for the motor but don't think I can even use that.  It has a k341 aqs on it which is set up differently than the regular k341 I have on my c160s.  It runs but is missing the air cleaner.  I believe this particular motor was used by John Deere and maybe Jacobson.  It is a quiet line.  The rear end is shot so I may take it apart since I have nothing to lose in that regard.  It has some serviceable body parts but it has been pretty ragged out.  Have an extra hood that is in good shape, good rims, tachamatic, but it is as ugly as a mud fence.  Not sure what to do with this eyesore.  I have no interest in making it operational.  I guess i will try to part it out or sell it for scrap.  Any suggestions? You will see that the previous, previous owner built a heavy duty rack on the back to hold a spray tank and had welded a bracket on it to hold a pump that he ran off the PTO.  He welded a custom cup holder on the right rear fender and a small tool box on the left rear fender.  I'm sure no one else here has suffered from buyers remorse, right?

IMG_20160227_164647.jpg

IMG_20160227_164653.jpg

IMG_20160227_164658.jpg

IMG_20160227_164709.jpg

IMG_20160227_164722.jpg

IMG_20160227_164741.jpg

IMG_20160227_164714.jpg

Edited by chorusguy
misspell
  • Like 8

elcamino/wheelhorse

Well it appears to have a lot of Redneck Engineering / one too many beers. Why don't you part it out? You could make some money off the parts, PTO ,dial a height , Head lights, motor. Scrap that rear whatever it is. Keep the chain.:deadhorse:

• Like 3

squonk

Those mud scrapin running boards are a plus. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 9

Daddy Don

Might get a little out of the rims.

slammer302

I think that steering wheel may bring a little $

Cole J.

Look for the good things in it not the bads

• Like 2

N3PUY

What is "set up differently"  on the motor?   I've never seen a rear end that was shot.   They are so simple and easy to fix.   Well, it does have a nice muffler!

chorusguy

Regarding the differences in the engines.  The block is narriwe, the governor is set up differently. Coil and condenser are on the rear if the engine, I think it has a different oil pan and the air cleaner is different.  I think the guts are basically the same 

• Like 1

slammer302

I know this is off topic but i'm would like to know how well the wheel horse tiller with its own engine mounted on it works?

chorusguy

Haha.  It actually works pretty well.  It was like that when I got it.  I blew the engine which was a harbor freight and i replaced it with an identical one.  Unfortunately it stayed out in the weather and doesn't run that well anymore.  Think it needs a new carb.  Anyway, it is redundant now. I picked up a c160 with a tiller and the appropriate idler pulley last year.  

Regarding the rear end.  This is an automatic.  The parking brake doesn't move nor does the the tractor.  I'm not sure how easy the sundstrands are to rebuild, so this will be a guinea pig for me to dissect.  I have 5 c160 autos and they all have the sundstrand on them.  Seems like a good time to learn.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Part it out....:no: ....  I looked at the first picture and fell in luv with it.       Definitely parade material for the  Big Show  customs.   

• Like 5

Phatboy

Sorry to see that happened to you,,, its begining to be a epidemic in this country of dishonesty to make a profit,, whatever happened to a good deal at a fair price and a good friendly hand shake,,,

chorusguy

In all fairness,  I don't feel that I got ripped off.  I just made a questionable decision in buying it.  

Ekennell you obviously see something that I don't.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  But your sentiment makes me smile.

By the way,  I didn't pay very much money for it.  It's more like the dog that chases a car and catches it.  Now that I have it, what am I going to do with it?

• Like 4

WNYPCRepair
1 hour ago, chorusguy said:

Haha.  It actually works pretty well.  It was like that when I got it.  I blew the engine which was a harbor freight and i replaced it with an identical one.  Unfortunately it stayed out in the weather and doesn't run that well anymore.  Think it needs a new carb.  Anyway, it is redundant now. I picked up a c160 with a tiller and the appropriate idler pulley last year.  

Regarding the rear end.  This is an automatic.  The parking brake doesn't move nor does the the tractor.  I'm not sure how easy the sundstrands are to rebuild, so this will be a guinea pig for me to dissect.  I have 5 c160 autos and they all have the sundstrand on them.  Seems like a good time to learn.

There you go, if nothing else, you can use it as an educational tool. 

Ed Kennell

9 hours ago, chorusguy said:

Ekennell you obviously see something that I don't.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  But your sentiment makes me smile.

I see a horse that probably had a hard working life, but accumulated a lot of character in those 40 years.

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Ditto  :text-+1:

Retired Wrencher

I like the custom beer holder. But on a serious note they all have a job to do and the do it well. enjoy it for what it is. Gary     B....

• Like 1

JPWH

The good thing is you kept it from the scrap yard. And with a little time and.patience you can make it like you want.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I'm thinking...the more you use that cup holder...the better that horse is going to look.  Finish painting the tires and see what she looks like.  :eusa-think:  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 7

Ed Kennell

Xtra wide whitewalls ???

• Like 2

23 Reo

Fix it up. You can learn how to repair the hydro. Don't paint it,just clean it up and lube the hell out of it. I pulled a Raider 14 out of the woods about 4 years ago and now its one of my favorites.It run a 48" rd deck and pulls like a mule. Have fun with something you don't have to worry about. Some of the coolest Wheel Horses out there are the real ugly ones.

• Like 3

857 horse
On 2/28/2016 at 10:31 PM, chorusguy said:

In all fairness,  I don't feel that I got ripped off.  I just made a questionable decision in buying it.  

By the way,  I didn't pay very much money for it.  It's more like the dog that chases a car and catches it.  Now that I have it, what am I going to do with it?

This is a scene that could play out in any of our lives,,,Is it time for a eulogy,??  Finding a heart for another old friend?  Or listen to ED (ekennel),,,

Lets save it...!!!!!!  This is what makes this group what it is,,,this is what makes us go on weekend pilgrimages to shows....Friends standing over friends shoulders giving guidance......I know family's that would envy what happens here and would want this.....I guess this is family,,,even here....there is RED in our veins..

Thank-you Ed  for reminding us of what we have...............Now....who has pie     =)

• Like 3

squonk

I have some cake left! :)

• Like 1