Kevinwb9

hydraulic lift

Kevinwb9

hello i am new here. I am restoring a C120 8 speed and I want to put a hydraulic lift on it. does anyone know what i need to do this thank you. 

prondzy

Hydraulic lift is found on hydrostatic transmission models. Because you use the pump from the rear end for lifting.  There were earlier pumps for the old round hoods, but I don't think it will work in your application. If someone has done it or seen it done I'm sure they will let you know.  There was also an electric lift kit available, but they are expensive and hard to come by. So you might be stuck lifting manually like most with your current tractor. What are you lifting most, they also had helper springs for larger items like tillers and blowers.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Check out a thread titled Hank01 Raider Hydraulic dated 2-07-2016

• Like 3

Kevinwb9

Thanks for the info.

JPWH
8 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Check out a thread titled Hank01 Raider Hydraulic dated 2-07-2016

I built mine before I found RS I used a hyd cylinder and pump from northern tool as well as a float detent valve. The valve and cylinder can be found for wheel horse and will be a much cleaner installation. There is a manual for an add on 3 point lift in the manual section. I think it was for the early 70 models. It shows the rear bracket and a better cylinder placement using the wheel horse cylinder.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Hank

BTW :WRS:

Edited by Hank01
  • Like 1

KC9KAS

@Kevinwb9 :WRS: and :wwp:

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Just sharing my experiences:

I always wanted hydraulic lift and now that I have several I've found them to be far less necessary and even undesirable.  Much prefer manual for dozing and unless a 48" or 60" deck changes my mind I've been quite happy with manual lift.  I'm thinking though that a box blade, scraper or land plow would most likely be handier with hydraulic lift.

The manual lift allows me to push leaves off the lawn (no I don't do all my leaf collecting that way), spread small patches of loose dirt into low spots in the lawn without damaging the grass and push snow off an unfrozen gravel drive without taking the drive with me.  So much more control because I can feel what's happening.  Couldn't do that with a hydraulic!  Oh you could watch but it's just not the same as watching AND feeling.

• Like 1

Kevinwb9

was wanting hydraulic lift for tilling my garden and planting grasss in the yard . thanks for the  help. I will post pics tonight after i get home from work. 

DennisThornton

I think I would want a hydraulic lift for the tiller, but then I would regret it if I used a dozer with it.  Of course there's another reason to have another WH!

• Like 1

can whlvr

I use the heavy spring that came with my tiller,it really helps,and I too don't like the hydro lift that much,i have a few hydros and the control just isn't there,its up or down more or less,i do like it for snow throwing,and the hydro control is nice for that too,i put my tiller behind a hydro,what a waste of time(as warned by redsquare members)but hydro lift on an 8 speed would be nice for tilling

DSC00092.jpg

• Like 3

DennisThornton

Didn't know that heavy spring came with a tiller.  I'd like that so I could keep my manual lift.  I would definitely want hydraulic lift for the snow blower, especially with a cab, and I would definitely want a cab with a snowblower!

Please share the No-No's of hydro and tiller?  

Edited by DennisThornton
a
  • Like 1

Shynon

I know a guy down the street from me that used a power steering pump, he added a starter generator pulley to the flywheel side to power it. I have never looked at it that close but may give you something to think on.

Aldon

Lots of discussions on use of Power steering pumps as inexpensive alternative hydro pump. Time for Google Foo 

can whlvr

not to steal the thread but as to the question of hydro and tilling,it doesn't work nearly as good as a gear,i couldn't keep her going slow enough to till,the tiller pushes the machine,it lurches,not even and smooth,i thought I would try it on the 160,and it has a professionally rebuilt pump,so the pumps not the problem,it works,but not even close to a gear drive that holds it own even when pushed

the tiller comes with the spring and bracket to attach to,it works with the thrower too,same spring,and I believe a member here sells the spring

Edited by can whlvr
  • Like 1

Kevinwb9

is there a way to put a 953 hydraulic pump on my c120 8 speed I have seen pics of of 1967 1054 with it mounted by the motor. 

farmer

If you want your garden to look like the North Atlantic in winter, till with a hydro. :deadhorse::blink::)

cleat

I did this last year with one of my 520-H's on sod and rock.

First pass it tried to push the machine a bit so I did a 1/2 depth cut to grind up the sod

Next pass was full depth.

Matt's foot pedal kit makes all the difference.

56ddad037ebe4_Firsttilling3.thumb.jpg.db

Edited by cleat
  • Like 2