hondagod64

89 312-8 tune-up parts and numbers

hondagod64

HELLO ....I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND STUPID BUT COULD SOMEONE HERE HELP ME OUT WITH THE RIGHT REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR A 1989 312-8 WHEELHORSE KOHLER ENGINE AS FAR AS AIR FILTER, PRE FILTER, FUEL FILTER AND SPARK PLUG ...TOO MANY CONFLICTING ANSWERS FOR ITEMS TO GET THE RIGHT PARTS NEEDED ....

THANK YOU IF YOU CAN LEAD ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.....

gwest_ca

Your engine should be a Kohler  M12S with a 471527 Specification number. Check on the engine's data decal to make sure. With those we can look for the original Kohler parts list

I left the S out of the model and spec number here

https://www.partstree.com/parts/kohler-engines/engines-horizontal/m12-471527-kohler-m12-engine-magnum-wheel-horse-12hp-9-0kw-specs-471500-471583/

Once you have the original part numbers replacements from other sources are possible.

Wheel Horse included some of these in their tractor parts lists but often more than one possible engine is included in the lists but fail to tell us exactly what engine they are listing. The only difference between some tractor models was the engine used and by sharing the same parts list it makes for many mistakes as you may have found out.

Here is the tractor parts list

This list shows three Kohler Magnum engines and a 16hp Onan twin cylinder engine. When I posted this I tried to leave out pages that pertained to only Onan engines but you will see the engine page is shared. There is an air filter page and the part numbers are Kohler numbers.

If in doubt just ask for help - lots of that here at Red Square.

Garry

gwest_ca

This Toro supplier also has other suppliers that carry replacements. When you enter a Toro or Kohler part number it will come up with an alternate product if it exists and is a direct replacement.

https://www.rcpw.com/

Garry