oldtin 921

603 gas tank

oldtin 921

Can anyone show me how the gastank mounts in a 603? Got a tank but I don't have a clue where it goes! All I got was a frame with a broken crank techy,no hood,no beltguard,and the tank was on the seat! Thanks for looking.

slammer302

Hope this helps

IMG_20151207_132138178.jpg

• Like 1

Terry M

Paul, I'm thinking your 603 has the roundish tank(circled) that mounts to the dash tower.  I thought the tank mounted on top of the brackets the two arrows point to...  do these pics make sense ?56cd10b961a46_ScreenShot2016-02-23at8.0656cd10bfdfe3d_ScreenShot2016-02-23at8.07

Edited by Terry M
  • Like 3

buckrancher

Terry has it right

Brian

• Like 1

oldtin 921

Yes Terry that's the tank I have,so I need a strap and however it mounts to those pieces of angle iron. My tractor doesn't have that piece between those angle pieces {129} and there aren't any holes for the strap. That is what has me confused! There is not enough material for the tank to just sit there.

Terry M
21 hours ago, oldtin 921 said:

Yes Terry that's the tank I have,so I need a strap and however it mounts to those pieces of angle iron. My tractor doesn't have that piece between those angle pieces {129} and there aren't any holes for the strap. That is what has me confused! There is not enough material for the tank to just sit there.

Paul, if you have time, let me wait until tomorrow and I look at one of my tractors that has this set-up...and maybe I can snap a pic or two..(unless someone beats me to it):)

Terry

• Like 1

Shynon

Best picture I could find that I had, hope this helps

IMG_5534.JPG

• Like 2

oldtin 921

Thanks Shynon,but my tractor only has two pieces of angle on the tower for the tank to attach to.

002.JPG

• Like 1

Terry M

Thanks for the pic Tom. :)  Well paul, I think my tractor would look like Shynons.    Maybe somebody out there has a 603 to show you.    I think the 603 is a very unique model compared to the others of the same vintage.    

oldtin 921

That would help a lot if someone with a 603 would reply but they seem to be few and far between. I knew they were a unique tractor but it seems like they are scarce on here!

6wheeler

Maybe you could weld a cross piece in like Terrys' pic shows. To me ? Your brackets look straight, while Terry and Toms have an upward angle to them.

oldtin 921

True 6wheeler,When I find a hood I guess I could do anything as long as the neck of the tank comes thru the hood!!