prondzy

Tools of the hobby section

ohiofarmer
On 2/20/2016 at 5:03 AM, squonk said:

My Super-Whoopie hub puller. I came up with the pieces and a friend of mine welded it. This tool has a special place in my tool box. I picked it up from him when he called to say it was done. Drove home and promptly went to the E.R. Later found out I was having a heart attack all day and didn't know it! :scared-eek:

puller 001.JPG

ohiofarmer

Actually, I am planning to make such a puller, I had already cut a pattern piece and marked it and was going through the scrap pile when I found a piece that already had the bolt pattern drilled in a matching pattern. 2001 chevy rear disc brake rotor for a heavy duty one, or possibly a front rotor center for lighter weight. Of course use Squonk's excellent idea for the bolt that pushes on the axle.

Anyway, it is very likely that a guy who works on brakes will have scrap rotors that will fit the bolt pattern and perhaps save you a little time

Edited by ohiofarmer
spelling

ohiofarmer

I finally picked up this tool for blind bearings. There is a 25% coupon available #43161267 available that expires TODAY --just give them the coupon code when paying for the tool. http://www.harborfreight.com/slide-hammer-and-bearing-puller-set-5-pc-62601.html.

Of course, the coupon also applies to most store items except engines, air compressors, or tool boxes I have needed this tool for a while. my rule is i buy it the third time i could have used it and it certainly seems worth the discount price of $56.00. It also looks like a 3 jaw puller could be used with this tool to avoid using the slap hammer attachment.

BTW, the motorcycle lift is also available  for $299.oo code 35524287 and is available at this price until10/15/16. I am just too old to live without a lift. My lift is a $3000.00 unit that I bought used and refurbed for about $500 total, but a lot of guys swear by the HFT unit

DennisThornton
1 hour ago, ohiofarmer said:

I finally picked up this tool for blind bearings. There is a 25% coupon available #43161267 available that expires TODAY --just give them the coupon code when paying for the tool. http://www.harborfreight.com/slide-hammer-and-bearing-puller-set-5-pc-62601.html.

Of course, the coupon also applies to most store items except engines, air compressors, or tool boxes I have needed this tool for a while. my rule is i buy it the third time i could have used it and it certainly seems worth the discount price of $56.00. It also looks like a 3 jaw puller could be used with this tool to avoid using the slap hammer attachment.

BTW, the motorcycle lift is also available  for $299.oo code 35524287 and is available at this price until10/15/16. I am just too old to live without a lift. My lift is a $3000.00 unit that I bought used and refurbed for about $500 total, but a lot of guys swear by the HFT unit

Could NOT find 35524287 but I did find http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-69904.htmlbut and http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-68892.html but I don't see $299 anywhere.  I do see a 20% off one item.  What am I missing for the lift?  

ohiofarmer
5 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Could NOT find 35524287 but I did find http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-69904.htmlbut and http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-68892.html but I don't see $299 anywhere.  I do see a 20% off one item.  What am I missing for the lift?  

If you copy the discount code 35524287 and take it to the store ,they will sell you the lift for 299.00. The only place you find codes like this is in your local newspaper in the circular ads. If you have any problems using the code at the store, PM me and i can send you the actual ad. I happen to live in an area where free newspapers and the weekend papers are loaded with these ads. I never ever am without coupons in my pocket for at least 20% off.

DennisThornton
1 hour ago, ohiofarmer said:

If you copy the discount code 35524287 and take it to the store ,they will sell you the lift for 299.00. The only place you find codes like this is in your local newspaper in the circular ads. If you have any problems using the code at the store, PM me and i can send you the actual ad. I happen to live in an area where free newspapers and the weekend papers are loaded with these ads. I never ever am without coupons in my pocket for at least 20% off.

Oh!  Store only ad?  We are going to get a HF nearby in Plattsburgh but they only have the roof on just now!  Probably going to cost me some money!  Otherwise it's a five hour round trip to Albany NY.

Thanks for explaining!

ohiofarmer
30 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

Oh!  Store only ad?  We are going to get a HF nearby in Plattsburgh but they only have the roof on just now!  Probably going to cost me some money!  Otherwise it's a five hour round trip to Albany NY.

Thanks for explaining!

30 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

Thanks for explaining!

The offer is good until 10/15/16. [limit 3]  You possibly pay a freight charge and have them ship it to your house.Call their 800 number and ask them.