Sign in to follow this  
combatmp29r

Spindle upgrade

combatmp29r

OK guys I know some where on here we talked about the upgraded front spindles for a FEL. I can't find it though. Probably looked right at it 10 times. I have a picture of the upgraded spindles. The ones with the angle brace on them. Does anyone know what the part# is for the thrust washers? The V18 is going to weigh around 800lbs all decked out and I'm thinking they might not be a bad addition. Thanks for any help.

TT

Joel,

Go to the Toro MPV and enter 80492 in the model search box.

They take up extra space under the end of the axle, so you'll probably have to "center" drill and tap the tops of your spindles and put bolts down in them to hold them. The HD spindle kit had longer "tops" on the spindles to make up the difference.

combatmp29r

Thanks Terry, I know I have that kit written down some where around here :D

TT

P.S. >>> You can also "steal" the blade spindle thrust bearings and washers out of the old gear-drive 2 blade decks too. (If you have access to any.) :D

combatmp29r

Hmmm nope none on the prmises at this time. I thin kI know some one with a few NOS ones for sale though :D

Curmudgeon

The part numbers would be:

7956 Thrust washer

1278 Shim washer

107051 Slip washer (coated) 2 required

combatmp29r

Thanks Dale. That saves me a trip over to the MPV.

Curmudgeon

No sweat. Since Toro "improved" the parts viewer, it's almost useless to many of us. I find looking in a paper manual much faster and easier.

Just need a couple shelfs full of binders full of paper manuals! LOL

combatmp29r

Well I've got a good start going on the manuals. Now if I could just find a couple dealer sets like I know a few of you have I"d be good.

Curmudgeon

Ah, a dealer set. Now that would be SWEET! I have a conglomeration of originals, best copies available, downloaded and printed from the manuals groups. Some of the ones I find most valuable are the manual transmission service manual and the Lubrication Recommendations Drive Belt & Mower Belt Usage Charts manual. For $25 you can buy the last two from a Toro dealer (last I knew anyway) and sound like you really know something! LOL

Dale

combatmp29r

I have a copy of the Lube, belt chart thanks to Buzz. Don't have the manual trans one though. I'll have to look into that one. I've got most of the ones from the manuals site burnt onto CDs. I use my deployment laptop (been to iraq twice and crunches when you push certain buttons from sand) in the shop to look stuff up I haven't printed out yet. I print a little at a time so I don't here the rath from the ink godess (wife).

Joel

TT

I have the manual manual ( :P ) downloaded and saved on my computer, along with the Onan P series engine manual. Someday I'll save them to disc and take them to work to print them out. (laser printer :D )