Hi I am a first time Wheel Horse owner. It has the front plow and the AC-6 cultivator attachments. My guess is that it was the recipient of a DIY restoration in the late 1990's but not certain, based on the darker red, B&S engine and newer tires. Runs and drives perfect, everything works awesome.

I need a trailer for it if anyone wants the cultivator. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by PantherDustin
  • Like 7

:text-welcomeconfetti:. Nice horse!!!  Looks like it might have a seat off of something else.  Does it have a stick supporting it in back?  Well worth $400.  Looks to be a 58 or 59 - someone who knows more than me will chime in soon.  Would love to have the cultivator, but you're just a little too far away.  Congrats - you'll love it!!!

• Like 2

Man i would love that cultivator lol,, 2 problems i only got 1 trailer  and second ,, i live in PA ,, to bad cause i am expanding my garden this year ,, i only have a tiller attachment and a dozer ,, i need a cultivator and a bottom plow badley lol,, a cultivator that nice i may have to move to oregon lol :text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dells68 said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:. Nice horse!!!  Looks like it might have a seat off of something else.  Does it have a stick supporting it in back?  Well worth $400.  Looks to be a 58 or 59 - someone who knows more than me will chime in soon.  Would love to have the cultivator, but you're just a little too far away.  Congrats - you'll love it!!!

Obviously, I am not an expert but I think its orginal...just tired or the prior owner was country fed. There is a pipe supporting it from the bottom. I am always internet horse trading, you will never know what I can fit into a Priority Flate Rate box ;) . A trailer would be a tuff move though, I think I will just keep an eye on the local ads and hopefully find something with the slot hitch and make it work. 

Can anyone tell me what the right side clutch pedal was used for? Currently it is floppy, not hooked onto anything. My guess was a mower deck? 

38 minutes ago, PantherDustin said:

Obviously, I am not an expert but I think its orginal...just tired or the prior owner was country fed. There is a pipe supporting it from the bottom. I am always internet horse trading, you will never know what I can fit into a Priority Flate Rate box ;) . A trailer would be a tuff move though, I think I will just keep an eye on the local ads and hopefully find something with the slot hitch and make it work. 

Can anyone tell me what the right side clutch pedal was used for? Currently it is floppy, not hooked onto anything. My guess was a mower deck? 

I think it is to engage the PTO, for decks, and anything else driven by the engine

:WRS:  Nice machine...Thanks for the phots.

10 hours ago, PantherDustin said:

:WRS:

That pedal is used to release the index pin in the dozer blade so you can swivel it from the seat. A rope is draped over the hood and attached to the top corners of the blade so you can pull it after releasing the pin. "Old School"

Pedal connects to the pin with a small chain.

10 hours ago, WNYPCRepair said:

A trailer would be a tuff move though, I think I will just keep an eye on the local ads and hopefully find something with the slot hitch and make it work

Use a piece of 1/2" thick flat steel about 8 inches long with two 1/2" holes, one in each end to fit inside the slot hitch. One hole gets pinned into the hitch and the other is used to attach the trailer.

Edited by wallfish

9 minutes ago, Brian01 said:

And the addiction begins....

Yup.

Nice tractor bud & welcome to the chaos .

Not sure but is that an ID plate that I can faintly see on the chassis????

13 minutes ago, neil said:

Not sure but is that an ID plate that I can faintly see on the chassis????

Yep, its a thick aluminum like sticker. Says RJ-58 and a serial #. 

31 minutes ago, PantherDustin said:

yes

I will get a picture of it for you guys that are curious. The weird part is that there isnt a different color paint under it where it is slightly torn. Could the maroon be original? 

On February 20, 2016 at 4:51 AM, AMC RULES said:

Can you still read the number? 

Remade sticker? Or is this what your tractors look like? 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks like an original decal...

and a few signs of factory paint exposed underneath it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c1910af307c8e9f0b9eb79d

• Like 2

Vinylguy (Terry Dennis)   who is a decal vendor on Red Square makes a replacement  Serial Number decal  if you are interested in one.

• Like 1

I'm curious, did you ever try to try to un-crinkle the foil and see if you can get the 5th digit of that serial number?