rhamm17

Location of c-161 ID Tag

rhamm17

I am finishing up a complete restoration of my C-161.  Three years ago I removed the metal ID tag by drilling out the two rivets.  I took pictures of every piece of this tractor to assist with re-assembly but inadvertantly failed to note the exact location of this ID tag.  Does anyone here know where this was originally located?  I cannot find original two rivet holes and think I replaced a damaged 'tower' assy from on off EBay with one that has no similar rivet holes.  This is the last piece remaining in the restoration. Thanks!

ericj

I've seen them on the edge of the left side cover towards the motor. down under the battery, areas hope this helps and good luck maybe somebody can ad a picture and of course we'll need pictures of it completed

eric j

• Like 1

rhamm17

Here is the C-161 restored 100% with every piece disassembled, sandblasted, primed and painted.  Awaiting decals which go on after I buff out the hood paint in warmer weather and, of course, the ID tag.

WH2 (2).JPG

WH3.JPG

WH1.JPG

• Like 2

rhamm17

wrong tag above!

WH4.JPG

c-series don

They can also be located under the dash on the plate that has the amp meter. It should be in the middle and at the top of the plate.

Molon_Labe

C-161 Automatic location

56bf92d789afa_SAM_0033(2).thumb.JPG.807c

Edited by Molon_Labe
info
  • Like 1

Pullstart

I have 2 C-101 8 speeds and they have two different locations. 

On this pic, you can barely see it just behind the engine on the forward facing big of the dash tower

IMG_1280_zps1idzre3w.jpg

and on this pic it's directly under the dash panel.

IMG_1282_zpsynfrymte.jpg

IMG_1281_zpsrmulmqfj.jpg

• Like 1

ericj

it would go on the panel that is missing on the edge that faces the motor

eric j

rhamm17

Hi All,

Thanks for all the input.  I just found the original mounting location which is low on the left side mounted right off the left foot rest facing forward, mounted vertically.  Very obscure location.  I will mount it as shown above on the front dash panel as this is much more readable.  This have been very helpful....thanks again!

Bob Hammond

• Like 1

doc724

The location depends on what year you have (if you really want to keep everything original).  The 1978's had the tag mounted on the tower facing the motor like in Pullstart's top photo.  The 1979's had them under the control panel like in Molon_Labe's photo.

• Like 1

Horse46

Mine were both below the regulator, C-101 1978 and I almost sure the C-161 was a 1978

TDF5G

My '79 C-121 is below the dash also. 

IMG_3722.JPG