engineguy63

Wheel horse Suburban front wheel bearings

engineguy63

I picked up some wheels for my Suburban..............from a Forum member (THANKS TONY!!)   they have seen some weather  and we where not sure they were off a suburban, but MUCH better than what I had!!!!! I am taking them tomorrow to my friends shop to have them sand blasted. I know they will need bearings, and I was hoping the bearings were a simple hardware store/tractor supply item and not something exotic. Is there a part # for a good replacement I should be looking for??  If anyone can clarify how the get setup...washers, cotter pins etc  that would be great..........I'd like them as right as I can get them with out getting silly   Thanks!!

wheel 001.JPG

Racinbob

The originals are 1 3/8" od x 3/4" id flanged bushings. I put in sealed bearings of the same size. They are all over on EBay and I'm sure other places. Since the bearing is sealed I won't have to pump grease in. My 400 won't see real work so I should be fine.

Try the fit. You probably will want the shim them. They are held on with external snap rings. :)

engineguy63

The initial clean up of one.........looks like it is going to end up being VERY presentable!!

painting 3.jpg

• Like 3