mikehusky455

k321s fuel pump

mikehusky455

I have the original metal mechanical fuel pump on my 69 wheelhorse gt 14 and needs new diphram spring.ect.i see there 20 bucks.,but cant seem to find new check valves.has anyone put the newer black colored mechanical fuel pumps on and if so how have they been .I hate to spend 20 on pump kit when for 40 I can get a new pump.thanks.

Shynon

I have used those kits. Have yet to find a bad check valve. Usually the diaphragm is bad.

• Like 1

mikehusky455

ok ,I'm finally just getting around to fixing this thing ,had to order new carb ,this was all gunked up,and pump wasn't to bad,the little springs and caps didn't seem bad just the diaphragm was dirty and rusted ,thanks for the reply.

can whlvr

ive used the new pumps,ya they work but the next pump 4 me will be electric,gives fuel when key is turned on,alot easier on the starter

mikehusky455

I was thinking of that . I just orderd the new pump 28 dollars and new carb,for 36 dollars.,not gona be running voltage reg. as original is blown and also may need different stator,the wires look melted so need to get flywheel off and have a look.plus electric pto don't work anyways,will only be using out in woods with the 3pt and plowing snow,.i could I think hook up a alternator like I seen others do and go that route for keeping battery charged,and small lights.so no need for a lot of electrical on this machine,.

plus ignition switch no good,so just need basics, start ,shut off and charge

Edited by mikehusky455