dells68

Shower head muffler

dells68

Ok, need more advice.  I've got an original shower head muffler, with some corrosion/cracks on the front.  I've got a hotdog muffler on Emory's 60 suburban, but like the looks of the original style muffler (even though it has a HF motor on it).  Given the shape of the tractor, should I put the shower head on or leave the hotdog on?

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

TDF5G

I'm not for sure, but can't you buy new ones of those?  It seems I've seen those at a  reasonable price somewhere.  

rmaynard

Very rare to find a new one. Last one I saw on eBay went for over $100.00.

• Like 3

Tankman
20 minutes ago, TDF5G said:

I'm not for sure, but can't you buy new ones of those?  It seems I've seen those at a  reasonable price somewhere.  

Think I've seen those mufflers for sale also.

For starters perhaps a bit of TIG welding and extreme heat resistant paint.  

Whatever muffler you use, a great looking Horse. Very nice caretaking! Thanks!

PS. Since the Stallion is so handsome, straighten out the garage a bit this spring. The Horse deserves a clean stall. ;)

spic-n-span.png

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

dells68

Ive looked for them and haven't seen any for sale.  This one has seen better days and I don't have a tig, just a mig and I think it would burn it up:(.

TDF5G
23 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Very rare to find a new one. Last one I saw on eBay went for over $100.00.

I wasn't certain about that.  It's probably a different kind of muffler that I've seen then.    Ebay stuff is high ain't it?

Edited by TDF5G

Tankman

I would ask around. A local shop, two minute TIG job. Might not even charge you. :twocents-02cents:

RedRanger
42 minutes ago, TDF5G said:

Put in for a dozen if you find these new somewhere.  They don't make the shower head design.

• Like 1

dells68

Yeah, believe it or not I actually did straighten out some to get the horses in!  I had been using the garage for a wood shop for my craft business.  I've quit woodworking for a while after the loss of my mom.  Decided to spend more time with dad on his farm and working on horses with my son.  Hopefully I can finish tidying up next spring.  Tankman are you volunteering to help out?

• Like 3

Amcwheel85

They make some very similar to that one. It's not exact but darn close and only about $8.50 on eBay as I'm looking at one to replace goofy stack on my 856 

image.jpeg

Edited by Amcwheel85
  • Like 1

rmaynard

Yes, that muffler shown directly above is readily available. It is referred to as a pepper pot. The true "shower head" type muffler is like the one described in the following thread:

Shower Head Muffler

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

slammer302

I would also give it a good wire brushing and a little patch job and you will be on ur way

• Like 1

can whlvr

I would buy the pepper pot style and use it,then u have time to get the original repaired and put it away so u have it but wear out the cheap imitation,just my 2 cents

• Like 2

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:     Seems the shower head is probably too thin to be saved on the outlet side. Perhaps the top of a pepper pot could be attached to the cone shaped base of the shower head.

• Like 2

Tankman

Well dells68 I do get to Harrisonberg once in awhile.

I have a messy shop ever since the grandsons were afflicted with WHA. Wheel Horse Addiction gets the best of us. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

buckrancher

If the back is good I can fix them if you decide to fix it or or sell it please send me a PM

Brian

• Like 4

WHX??

Well you could be like the real show dogs and run the hotdog or a pepper pot  for everyday use then switch to the shower for show!?!?:)

• Like 2

Howie

They are probably the wrong size but I think I have seen some made for the old hi tn miss engines. Probably bigger diameter also.

David

Lane Ranger

Last years show I was offered $80 for my very old showerhead muffler and  when I said "Are you crazy"  -the guy offered my $100.

I did not sell but even  yours is worth some big money!     I have one of each of my RJ's!

gallery_339_37_336003.jpggallery_339_37_1704912.jpg

• Like 6

Flatheadpete

I have a piece of 1" black pipe with chicken wire rolled up and jammed in.  Works well for a while.  Was plowing yesterday and shot a chunk out......Time to re-pack!

• Like 3

TDF5G
15 hours ago, Amcwheel85 said:

They make some very similar to that one. It's not exact but darn close and only about $8.50 on eBay as I'm looking at one to replace goofy stack on my 856 

image.jpeg

That's probably the one I've seen that is available.  

dells68

Buckrancher pm sent.  Thanks!!

WHX??

Thanks for that tip Lane, would have never guessed an auto parts store just down the road would have small engine parts would have a selection like that! So while at a NAPA store yesterday waiting for a heater blower motor to come in for my truck I browsed the aisles looking for suff that could be used on a tractor!

• Like 3

dells68

Yup lost pics!  Gotta become a supporter!  Gonna have to wait until I get paid on the 25th though - I've gone horse poor this month.  Pic of my muffler.  Gonna get buckrancher to help me fix it up!  Ok already used my storage.  Time to become a supporter!

• Like 2