justb218888

2 stage snow blower issue

justb218888

Hey guys, long time follower here and wheel horse crazy :). I have an issue with my 2 stage snowblower on my 520-h. When I lower the blower and make a pass on the driveway I get to the other end and it won't lift. When I get off the tractor to inspect. I find that where the lift tube meets the rotating steel piece on the blower is jammed against the frame of thw blower. I have to push the blower the opposite way and hit the steel piece and lift tube with a hammer. I've even went back to my manual and it loops like I got everything together the right way. I've used this for the last 7 years and never had an issue till now. Only thing I don't have is the lift assist spring under the tractor. Any ideas here as to what might be going on? Thank you. 

cleat

Is the rotating part correctly locked into the front Tach ?

WNYPCRepair

Pictures might help

MalMac

There was a service bulletin on this. The part the lift rod goes into needs to be bent inward about  1/4 inch to avoid interference with the blower frame. I had it start hitting on mine bad enough that it would knock the hair pin out and drop the lift rod.

justb218888

Here is some pics. When you bent yours what did you use? That looks like some pretty heavy stock steel? We are talking about the angled piece that moves right? 

20160208_204929.jpg

20160208_204854.jpg

20160208_205003.jpg

MalMac

The piece that is curved that the lift rod attaches to. If I remember right you come up from the bottom of it 2 inches. Probably have to heat it then bend bottom inward. Bend stright across parallel with the ground.

gwest_ca
7 hours ago, MalMac said:

There was a service bulletin on this. The part the lift rod goes into needs to be bent inward about  1/4 inch to avoid interference with the blower frame. I had it start hitting on mine bad enough that it would knock the hair pin out and drop the lift rod.

Here is the PSB

Garry

• Like 1

MalMac

Thanks gwest_ca, I was looking for my copy of that bulletin but could not find it. Maybe now they can make the mods to keep from dropping the thing out in the snow like what happen to me. Glad I got rid of my 2 stage and went back to a single.

justb218888

Thanks guys really appreciate it. I will try and attempt this. I love my 2 stage. Went through 3ft of snow 2 weeks ago. Wouldn't trade ever for a single, if I can get this operating satisfactory. Thank you