Stigian

Show me..... Your Custom Wheel Horse Paint Work Please.

Stigian

Hi Guy's 'n' Girls, I'm trying to work out what paint scheme to do on project Why Not.. Part of me says keep her looking standard, part of me says go wild with some "in yer face" flames, part of me says go with subtle ghost like flames...

So could you please help me out and post pics of your custom paint jobs to give me an idea about what works, be it flames, graphics etc..

Thanks all :thumbs:

• Like 1

neil

I like the idea of flames for ,,,Why Not ,,Ian .

• Like 1

cleat

Almost makes it look like my old Simplicity.

Cleat

• Like 2

Horse46

Ok this is not actually painted just a dabble with paint shop pro, but I love flames.56b60c466c81f_horseflamered.thumb.jpg.f4

• Like 5

wallfish

For Hot Rod cars I like the subtle paint jobs but Why Not is a unique machine that deserves some attention. My vote is to go with "In Your Face" , loud and proud so everyone can tell what it's about from a distance. It's not like you need to run a sleeper for phishing tractor races so advertising fast and mean will let everyone know it's something special.

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 5

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:  Being it's fabricated in the UK...   :flags-wavegreatbritain:

a wrap in the Union Jack might be kinda cool. 

NEIL.thumb.png.0c7c17492c7647b2377f4aebb 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 6

Stigian
On 03/02/2016 at 7:56 PM, neil said:

I like the idea of flames for ,,,Why Not ,,Ian .

Thanks Neil :thumbs:

On 03/02/2016 at 9:17 PM, squonk said:

Not really radical with flames but a black hood converted to a Linen Biege hood and a black engine to red.IMG_0201_zps606cde82.thumb.jpg.3a4cb07f8

IMG_0202_zps19fefd91.thumb.jpg.85180740a

IMG_0338_zpsa58b2763.thumb.jpg.553404c06

Not quite what I was looking for but the white hood does look good..   Nice generator mounting by the way :thumbs:

On 04/02/2016 at 0:36 AM, cleat said:

Almost makes it look like my old Simplicity.

Cleat

A similar sort of paint scheme I guess.

On 05/02/2016 at 3:08 PM, Horse46 said:

Ok this is not actually painted just a dabble with paint shop pro, but I love flames.56b60c466c81f_horseflamered.thumb.jpg.f4

Thanks for that Horse, the "real look" flames do look good :thumbs:

On 05/02/2016 at 5:09 PM, wallfish said:

For Hot Rod cars I like the subtle paint jobs but Why Not is a unique machine that deserves some attention. My vote is to go with "In Your Face" , loud and proud so everyone can tell what it's about from a distance. It's not like you need to run a sleeper for phishing tractor races so advertising fast and mean will let everyone know it's something special.

:twocents-02cents:

I get what your saying John, but I'm leaning towards a subtle paint job.. The exhaust note certainly loud and in your face :lol:

On 05/02/2016 at 5:20 PM, AMC RULES said:

:text-yeahthat:  Being it's fabricated in the UK...   :flags-wavegreatbritain:

a wrap in the Union Jack might be kinda cool. 

NEIL.thumb.png.0c7c17492c7647b2377f4aebb 

Thanks Craig, but no chance..   Way too much work and flag paint jobs are just not my thing..

On 05/02/2016 at 11:25 PM, 953 nut said:

046.thumb.JPG.3ec7b752b6688c57d9665a7b24

The paint and body work on this are a definite twenty footer, but it wasn't built to win shows, just to have fun with. 

Built to have fun with eh... What more could you want :thumbs:

Soooo.. Will WN get flames or not? At the mo I just don't know.. I'm not 100% sure flame would go with the colour I have picked, only one way to find out I guess.. Paint WN and then have a look, a think and maybe a coffee or 3 :D

• Like 3

19richie66

Something so simple can make a big statement....

turbo tractor.jpg

flamed c-10.jpg

• Like 6

953 nut
3 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

He did the Chevy also.

Steve, you were a wild child weren't you.    :ychain:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I still am Richard.  :)  That VW was my 1st new car.  Bought it in Elsworth, Maine when I was in the Navy back in 1972.  Purchase price $2500.  I should have bought 4 of them.  It had the formula "V" shifter in it...like a Hurst shifter.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  The stripping was a Baby Blue...we called it accent stripping, because you had to be close to it to see it was there.  If it was parked at a mall, guys would leave their calling card on the windshield to find out where I had it done.  Pretty cool.

That reminds me...Ian, I had a Honda 175 that I chopped and painted back in the 60's.  How about this???   Candy Apple Red...silver base coat...and accent stripping on that.  ?????  I'll have to look for the pics.

• Like 4

Digger 66

I would love to see both sides of the hood hand-lettered & airbrushed .:techie-eureka:

imgres.png

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 3

Pullstart
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:30 AM, stevasaurus said:

Here ya go Ian.  It took me a while to find and scan these slides.  This is my brand new 1972 Super Beetle...stripped by Chris Christopherson.  He did the Chevy also.  His work has been featured in a bunch of the Hot Rod magazines.  :)  Just thinking that pin stripping might look real nice on a horse.

THE Chris Christopherson?

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Not the singer, but his painting of cars and stripping was featured in Hot Rod magazines back in the 1970's & early 80's a bunch of times..  :)

Pullstart

oh...

19richie66

th.jpg

• Like 6

Aldon

:ROTF:

Stigian
On 28/03/2016 at 3:30 PM, stevasaurus said:

Here ya go Ian.  It took me a while to find and scan these slides.  This is my brand new 1972 Super Beetle...stripped by Chris Christopherson.  He did the Chevy also.  His work has been featured in a bunch of the Hot Rod magazines.  :)  Just thinking that pin stripping might look real nice on a horse.

2012_0901LANE20009.JPG2012_0901LANE20010.JPG2012_0901LANE20011.JPG

Thanks for the photo's Steve, the Bug looks really good :thumbs:

How did the Chevy get the "Mouse trap" name? Anything to do with a "Rat" motor under the hood?

On 28/03/2016 at 7:11 PM, 19richie66 said:

Something so simple can make a big statement....

turbo tractor.jpg

flamed c-10.jpg

That makes a very big statement indeed.. Love it :D

On 28/03/2016 at 9:42 PM, stevasaurus said:

I still am Richard.  :)  That VW was my 1st new car.  Bought it in Elsworth, Maine when I was in the Navy back in 1972.  Purchase price $2500.  I should have bought 4 of them.  It had the formula "V" shifter in it...like a Hurst shifter.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  The stripping was a Baby Blue...we called it accent stripping, because you had to be close to it to see it was there.  If it was parked at a mall, guys would leave their calling card on the windshield to find out where I had it done.  Pretty cool.

That reminds me...Ian, I had a Honda 175 that I chopped and painted back in the 60's.  How about this???   Candy Apple Red...silver base coat...and accent stripping on that.  ?????  I'll have to look for the pics.

Hi again Steve, even though I have chosen the paint for WN it would still be cool to see a pic or 2 of the Honda :thumbs:

I've not ruled out pinstriping on WN but any means, but I do need to see her painted before I decide..

On 28/03/2016 at 11:31 PM, Digger 66 said:

I would love to see both sides of the hood hand-lettered & airbrushed .:techie-eureka:

imgres.png

Wouldn't that be great :D   I have done airbrushing but not for a good 8 - 10-ish years... But I have been itching to do some airbrush work for quite a while now..

On 30/03/2016 at 0:28 AM, 19richie66 said:

th.jpg

Very good :lol:

• Like 1