dells68

Advice needed on possible purchase.

neil

Go get it , Gt14 is one of my favorite tractors.

dells68

Leaving early Sat. Morning.  I'll try to get some pics when I'm up there and try to get them posted later that evening.B)

• Like 1

dells68

Going to head out around 7:00 in the morning to pick her up.  Talked my dad into riding up with us.  Thought it would do him good since we lost Mom.  Been a while since he has had the chance to go very far from home.  Losing her has drawn us even closer.

• Like 5

WHX??

Good luck dells....this is why we love horse hunting....can have a way of bringing people together.....

• Like 2

HokieAg07
On 2/2/2016 at 0:03 PM, dells68 said:

I'm going out this Saturday to pick it up.  The guy who is selling it is really nice and even said that if I get there an it's not what I expect, that I don't have to feel obligated to take it.  I feel pretty good about the purchase.  I'll send you some pics late Saturday night or Sunday morning after I wake up from a coma induced from all the driving.  Aldon, I'll be passing through the Roanoke/Christiansburg area on my way.  You don't have a good front blade that you'd like to part with really reasonable do you?:eusa-think:  OOPS never mind, I thought I saw on your profile that you were close to me here in VA, but I see NY on your avitar.

Hope you enjoy your new tractor, the seller is a stand up guy and will treat you right. Have a safe ride up here to Richmond

• Like 1

dells68

Thanks!  I got a good feeling talking with him.  He wasn't in a hurry and really took time to talk with me.  Not many really nice folks like that around.  I'm into old VWs, antique tractors, and wheel horses and the folks who fool with these types of things are a lot nicer than many we run into in our daily lives!

• Like 1

dells68

Well I'm off to see a man about a :wh:!  Pics to come:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Good luck dells.   :handgestures-fingerscrossed: 

Aldon

That tractor looks even better in light of day with 3 generations of family surrounding it!

• Like 2

Pullstart

Sure does look like a capable machine!  Good luck with the new toy and have fun with the boys doing so!

ztnoo

Looks like a mower deck in the background......is that for the GT 14?, because I seem to remember you saying no attachments in the beginning of the thread. Maybe it goes to something else the seller has.

Nice looking machine you picked up. Having a parts tractor around is a nice luxury too.

limited12

It was nice meeting you and your family today, hope you get to drive  Emorys new GT-14

Edited by limited12
  • Like 6

roadapples

Nice tractor, nice people, and where is gas $1.57.....

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Love the pictures and the horse, best of luck and thanks a million for sharing. Sweet sweet sweet.

Glenn

dells68

Thanks guys!  Yeah gas is $1.57 just north of Lexington, va.  About the same here in southwest va.  I'm sure it won't last long and will go back up - haven't seen prices like this since the college days:rolleyes:.  Going to enjoy the GT just as it is now, as I'm in the process of completely overhauling Emory's 61 Suburban that I had been promising to finish for the last two years - he's so excited that I'm finally back on it.

• Like 3

WHX??

Sure is nice seeing members selling nice tractors to other members and giving the kids trinkets.... sure does say alot about :rs:horse folks! thanks for the :text-coolphotos::text-goodpost::bow-blue:

Edited by WHX6
  • Like 6

dells68

I've said it before and I'll say it again - just good folks:).  I belong to a local tractor club and everyone is the same - great group of people.  No offense to anyone, but lots different than most car clubs I've been around - no competition, just good fun! 

• Like 4

TDF5G
2 hours ago, dells68 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - just good folks:).  I belong to a local tractor club and everyone is the same - great group of people.  No offense to anyone, but lots different than most car clubs I've been around - no competition, just good fun! 

I have to completely agree.  Great folks here, absolutely.  I am a member of a few other forums, (RVs, bluegrass music, IMDB, and some others, and this is the best forum of all.  After hanging around here for a year or so, I became a supporter today.  I've been intending to do it for a long time. 

I've also had experience with the car clubs, shows, meets.  Most of them are pretty good folks but there are all kinds.  I've been in bluegrass music all my life and those folks are just like family.  Red Square is that way too!  

• Like 4

dells68

Just figured out how to upload more pics!  Here is one of Emory at our tractor club's summer show parked next to one of the biggest tractors at the show!  I also uploaded a pic of him on my other toy, a 52 ford 8n.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

TDF5G

Looks like rear WH wheels on the front of the Farmall.

953 nut
4 hours ago, dells68 said:

image.jpg

Calendar shot!

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 2

dells68

Had to clear my attachments and did away with all of my pics:o. I'll upload a few of our trip to Richmond and Emory's tractor.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2