dells68

Advice needed on possible purchase.

dells68

Ok guys, I need a little help.  I've found a nice looking GT-14 that I'm thinking very seriously about buying.  The tractor is in very good condition with the only issues being a missing dash and non-working pto.  It has a 3 pt hitch and comes with a parts tractor with filled tires, a disassembled engine, and an extra set of GT-14 wheels and tires.  What would be a reasonable price with all of the extras?  I'm looking at about $750.  What do you think?

953 nut

Presuming the hydrogear is strong and there are no other issues I think that would be reasonable. Glen Pettit, a member/vendor on Red Square makes the dash and shifter panels.         :wwp:

dells68

Owner says the hydro is strong, no oil leaks, doesn't burn oil.  Seems like a really straightforward and nice guy.

• Like 1

WHX??

Any attachments???

dells68

No attachments - just the extra tractor with loaded wheels, an extra set of wheels, extra motor.

russellmc301

i don't know what it is worth but i was always told, as long as it is a good deal to you.:)

• Like 5

WHX??

With no attachments 750 MIGHTBE a little high but not much. Would have to see some :text-coolphotos: to  confirm.

Shynon

Looks like a nice tractor. Is it in your garage yet?

• Like 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Ohhhhh that's a beaut....go for it...not silly at all to want a bigger,heavier one.....or ten....for moving snow. I would try and dicker with the seller to try an help off set the cost of things you are gonna need to move snow....chains...plow ..etc..

Edited by WHX6

dells68

Think I'm going to pull the trigger.  Next Sat is my b-day.  Need something to brighten it up a little.  Gotta let the gentleman know tonight.  I think I would be ok - might even bring the extras up to the big show if I get to come (been wanting to for 3 years, but something always comes up).

• Like 4

Aldon

The tires on rear are very hard to locate and when you do, expensive.

The one in pic looks nice. If there is no cracking from dry rot, it appears whole and if it runs well is likely worth the price since your getting a parts tractor as well. Although you will not likely need much from it. The 3 point can sell for as much as 250-300 so it seems a good deal.

I have a resto-mod thread going if you want to see it in its pieces.

953 nut

:occasion-birthdaymulticolor:             :woohoo:              :occasion-cake:         You deserve to give yourself a present!             :occasion-gift:                :text-coolphotos:

As far as that non functional clutch; the ignition switch has a position between run and off that the key has to be moved to for the PTO to work, also there is a fuse in the line and all of the wires need to be looked at as well as the switch. Probably the clutch is fine.

Before the "Big Show" post a listing of the parts you want to sell and you will probably have them all pre-sold.

• Like 2

Aldon

By the way, if you end up procuring it, I would like you to take some pics of the hood latch mechanism for me to refer to. I think I have all the parts, but they were not installed on mine and it would help the jigsaw puzzle solving a lot.

AlwaysLookin80

Offer 650 or 700. If he says no then pay the 750. at least you tried. Looks like a nice tractor too. 

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:now you have  to buy it..Aldon needs pics!

• Like 2

dells68

Well, I texted the gentleman I talked with earlier about the GT and let him know I'd like to purchase the tractor.  I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from him.  Only problem now is Roadtrip!!!  About 41/2 hours each way.

• Like 1

KC9KAS
6 hours ago, dells68 said:

Only problem now is Roadtrip!!!  About 41/2 hours each way

Well worth it!

Pullstart

Have a nice trip, enjoy your birthday present!

Pollack Pete

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.Like others have said,offer maybe 6 hundred? If you're only going to push snow,no need to worry about the non-working PTO.I'm very sorry to hear about your mother.

Tankman

Be sure to let all know if you're on your way home with those Horses.

Without attachments, unless you have them, the price would be a bit lower. I would try for $500 - $600. Explaining, "I would have to find and purchase attachments. Plus, a long trip to purchase unseen other than pic's."

Fifty years ago I saved lots of cash purchasing Horses missing attachments and/or needing work. You are however lookin' at two tractors so...price isn't too far out of line.

Aldon

If you take inflation into account, paying the fella 700 dollars in 2016 is same as if you had paid him 350 dollars back in 1986.

While we all want to get a good deal, I think the prices many would ideally want to dole out to be way less than if the original owner just scrapped the tractor, sold off the wheels, tires, tranny and motor.

dells68

I'm going out this Saturday to pick it up.  The guy who is selling it is really nice and even said that if I get there an it's not what I expect, that I don't have to feel obligated to take it.  I feel pretty good about the purchase.  I'll send you some pics late Saturday night or Sunday morning after I wake up from a coma induced from all the driving.  Aldon, I'll be passing through the Roanoke/Christiansburg area on my way.  You don't have a good front blade that you'd like to part with really reasonable do you?:eusa-think:  OOPS never mind, I thought I saw on your profile that you were close to me here in VA, but I see NY on your avitar.

Edited by dells68
  • Like 2

Aldon
28 minutes ago, dells68 said:

I'm going out this Saturday to pick it up.  The guy who is selling it is really nice and even said that if I get there an it's not what I expect, that I don't have to feel obligated to take it.  I feel pretty good about the purchase.  I'll send you some pics late Saturday night or Sunday morning after I wake up from a coma induced from all the driving.  Aldon, I'll be passing through the Roanoke/Christiansburg area on my way.  You don't have a good front blade that you'd like to part with really reasonable do you?:eusa-think:  OOPS never mind, I thought I saw on your profile that you were close to me here in VA, but I see NY on your avitar.

I grew up in Christiansburg and Roanoke area. My brother and Sister live in Charlottesville and Staunton area. But I must have done something bad in prior life and am currently residing in NY. Employment is kinda limited opportunity wise as jobs continue to be syphoned off shore. My other Hobby is endangered here. But at least in the North Country, there are more like minded people who believe in God and g......etc. :-) 

You would probably want to snag a 54 inch blade for that puppy. I sold my spare last year if I recall. Sad when you cant actually recall these types of things.

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

hsppy birthday to you and your treating yourself right. cant wait till you get it home and best of luck.

Glenn