Lane Ranger

American Pickers on Wed, February 3, 2016

Lane Ranger

FYI   You can  click on link below to see a local radio station report.   You can also click on the radio feed to hear Dale taalking about the American Pickers visit.

http://max983.net/2015/10/american-pickers-visit-marshall-county-man/

A fellow Hoosier is going to be on American Pickers on this upcoming Wednesday.     Dale Stockman of Plymouth, Indiana is a Wheel Horse owner and a very interesting guy to meet.   I highly recommend watching, taping or usetting for DVR to  catch this episode of American Pickers.  They visted Dale on September 16th, 2015  for a full days taping.

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 9

VinsRJ

Looking forward to it, Thank you!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:        :text-+1:      :text-thankyoublue:

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Plymouth IN seems to have a lot of WH owners. Everything I see good in the Facebook sale group is in Plymouth. That's where my xi deck came from.

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Yep the 50 miles area around South Bend is a hidden Wheel Horse  treasure trove -unless they trot them out for sale!

100_0470.JPG

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair
Just now, Lane Ranger said:

Yep the 50 miles area around South Bend is a hidden Wheel Horse  treasure trove -unless they trot them out for sale!

I didn't even put 2 and 2 together, LOL. Forgot they were made there. 

• Like 2

953 nut
On 1/30/2016 at 9:58 AM, Lane Ranger said:

a full days taping.

A couple of years ago the "Pickers" did an episode at a local taxidermy shop, the owner told us he lost a day's business, had to hire extra help and only got three or four minutes of actual air time. Another friend decided not to invite them to film at his shop because he was afraid the local "Ladybird Johnson types" would want to beautify America at his expense if they got a good look at his place (he is at the end of a seldom traveled street and everyone leaves him alone).

I always love watching the show and seeing all the great stuff, thanks for letting us know.  :text-thankyoublue:

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

Tonight's the Night Folks!  Make sure to tune in!

• Like 1

JPWH
1 hour ago, Lane Ranger said:

Tonight's the Night Folks!  Make sure to tune in!

Thanks for the reminder

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Saw a bunch of nice :wh:'s there in Speedo's barn. 

• Like 1

stevebo

I saw a nice set of diamond tread rear tires on a roundie.... I think it was a burb or RJ

• Like 1

857 horse
On 1/30/2016 at 9:58 AM, Lane Ranger said:

FYI   You can  click on link below to see a local radio station report.   You can also click on the radio feed to hear Dale taalking about the American Pickers visit.

http://max983.net/2015/10/american-pickers-visit-marshall-county-man/

A fellow Hoosier is going to be on American Pickers on this upcoming Wednesday.     Dale Stockman of Plymouth, Indiana is a Wheel Horse owner and a very interesting guy to meet.   I highly recommend watching, taping or usetting for DVR to  catch this episode of American Pickers.  They visted Dale on September 16th, 2015  for a full days taping.

Watched this segment last night,,,,there was no mention of the tractors,,,,,but they were in almost every shot,,,,,he had tractors everywhere,,,the guy had great looking stuff,,,,,and would not part with anything,,,,and of course,,,ALL wheel horse's

Edited by 857 horse
  • Like 1

953 nut

My wife is addicted to "Shark Tank" and "American Pickers" was on opposite a rerun we had seen at least twice so she grudgingly watched with me. Since they didn't even mention the :wh: she figured I was misinformed. I pointed out the background tractors but she was unimpressed. When Dale stripped down to his Speedos and took Mike for a ride the wife asked if most of you  :wh: guys were "weird speedo wearing hoarders"  :scared-eek:, are you?

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

Lane Ranger

They also did not show the 8 mannequins Dale has located in his house!  

RedRanger
8 hours ago, 953 nut said:

When Dale stripped down to his Speedos and took Mike for a ride...

:huh:

• Like 1

953 nut
11 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

also did not show the 8 mannequins

I have never met Dale, but I have a feeling there may be a lot we didn't see; and we should probably be grateful. :ychain:

• Like 2

RedRanger

Watched it last night off my DVR.  Dale is a real character.

Since he barely sold anything and said no to nearly everything, I thought it was a waste of time.  Other than the bike ride, kind of boring.

TDF5G

It was certainly entertaining.  :lol:

• Like 3

953 nut
1 hour ago, RedRanger said:

he barely sold anything and said no to nearly everything

My wife gets so aggravated when they pass up things she considers priceless, I keep telling her,"it is just entertainment". If Dale had sold everything they showed interest in the whole dynamic would have shifted and that might be boring too.

• Like 1

RedRanger
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

My wife gets so aggravated when they pass up things she considers priceless, I keep telling her,"it is just entertainment". If Dale had sold everything they showed interest in the whole dynamic would have shifted and that might be boring too.

So now your saying "reality" tv is scripted???!!!!  Say it ain't so!  :o

There was an article out about two years ago about how this show works.  These guys don't travel the country in a van looking for items for their show as presented.

There is a team of young people "producers" calling around the country and looking for "interesting characters" like Speedo and places to go. The producers show up weeks ahead of time and investigate the location, talk prices and items, and schedule a film date.  Mike and Frank are then flown in like corporate CEO's for the day for a scripted filming.

These guys may have done this travelling in a van before their show, but not since.

I watch if for the entertainment, not the reality.  Next time you watch the show, watch how scripted Danielle is on the phone.  No Academy Awards in her future.

Same issue with American Restoration.  All scripted.  We visited their shop in Vegas this last spring.  Although they are doing their own restoration work, most of the items you've seen in past shows belongs to the owner and sits in their showroom for sale.  A lot of the "customers" on the show are paid actors or friends.  Nice enough guys, but all scripted.

Storage Wars, Storage Kings, Auction Hunters, ....

Did I ruin it for everyone?  

Next someone is going to suggest the Kardashians are fake too?!  :ychain:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:eusa-think:  Here's hoping...

our big :wh: show never gets "discovered" 

• Like 1

TDF5G

The only real "reality show" on TV is COPS, which is the original reality show. 

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, RedRanger said:

"reality" tv is scripted?

So is the NEWS! Many moons ago when I was "somebody" and frequently asked to provide sound-bites many of the TV reporters would provide you with position papers to review prior to the "spontaneous sound-bite". Some got what they were after, others I had philosophical disagreements with and said what I wanted to,knowing it would never make the "news". Seems worse today than thirty years ago, so many have an agenda they are pushing.   :soapbox:

• Like 1

GlenPettit

I know a person at the local TV station who also has a Wheel Horse, and had told him about the show. When I watched it, there was only a 5 second view of the rear of a Wheel Horse in the barn from 60' away outside . . . and many of you saw 4-5 Wheel Horses, I asked him about that.  Seems that our local station sneaks in an extra 4-5 commercials by cutting off a few extra minutes of the show.  Guess that's why I didn't see the Wheel Horses, darn. 

Have you noticed that the 'decency standards' for TV have gone way down, almost dropped after 9pm since September, really surprised what I see and hear on these new shows now.  The Feds are letting the networks set their own standards & enforcement in the evening programs now.

• Like 1

TDF5G
On 2/5/2016 at 5:07 PM, GlenPettit said:

I know a person at the local TV station who also has a Wheel Horse, and had told him about the show. When I watched it, there was only a 5 second view of the rear of a Wheel Horse in the barn from 60' away outside . . . and many of you saw 4-5 Wheel Horses, I asked him about that.  Seems that our local station sneaks in an extra 4-5 commercials by cutting off a few extra minutes of the show.  Guess that's why I didn't see the Wheel Horses, darn. 

Have you noticed that the 'decency standards' for TV have gone way down, almost dropped after 9pm since September, really surprised what I see and hear on these new shows now.  The Feds are letting the networks set their own standards & enforcement in the evening programs now.

Yep, they use a lot of language on TV and radio that would have got my mouth washed out when I was a kid!