953 nut

1-30-1933

953 nut

56aca2681faa8_1-30-1933the-lone-ranger-d

• Like 5

Ed Kennell

Another one of my heroes.      When I was a youngster, "Our Gang", had a club house built in the lower pasture that we played in every Saturday morning, but when it was time for the Lone Ranger Show, we all ran for the house about a 1/2 mile away.   Me being one of the smaller kids, I had trouble keeping up with the  older boys.     I still remember yelling " don't turn it on till I get there".

I didn't want to miss any of the show.

Thanks for the memories Dick.

• Like 5

JC 1965

We had a big old radio that was taller than me. We would sit in front of it about 12 inches from the speaker. I couldn't wait til the Lone Ranger came on. Remember how the Lone Ranger would tell Tonto to go into town to get information about some bad guy ? Seems like he would almost always get caught and they would beat the crap out of him. We would all be yelling ( don't go to town Tonto ) but he never listened.    :dunno:  Brings back some good old memories, thanks for sharing.     :thumbs2:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Yeah, but...   cowboypistol.gif

wasn't that Tonto's job? 

• Like 5

roadapples

I can`t remember them on the radio but I did watch them on TV every sat. mourning. Along with Roy Rodgers, Gene Autry, Hop-a-long Cassidy, Howdy Doody... These kids nowadays don`t know what their missing. And they all had guns. If you listen to the know-it-alls on TV today, we should all be killers....  

• Like 3

953 nut
9 hours ago, JC 1965 said:

Lone Ranger would tell Tonto to go into town to get information about some bad guy ? Seems like he would almost always get caught and they would beat the crap out of him.

I guess that wouldn't be politically correct today, I don't care, I too watched people toting guns doing what was right! Now the kids seem to gravitate to whoever is misbehaving and being irresponsible.  :soapbox:

• Like 3

JC 1965
19 hours ago, roadapples said:

I can`t remember them on the radio but I did watch them on TV every sat. mourning. Along with Roy Rodgers, Gene Autry, Hop-a-long Cassidy, Howdy Doody... These kids nowadays don`t know what their missing. And they all had guns. If you listen to the know-it-alls on TV today, we should all be killers....  

I also watched all those shows on sat morning. That was the good old days.    :thumbs:

• Like 3