Ernie1990

custom exhaust help

Ernie1990

Hi i am new here and not familiar with hoe to navigate the site to find what i am looking for.

I am thinking about doing some exhaust work on my c100 since the factory muffler is starting to rot out. I want to keep the same route of the exhaust but straight pipe it with a chrome tip that has a little turn out to it. I have heard that straight piping these will cause valve issues etc so i was thinking about using a trick from the motorcycle world and using a since strainer in the exhaust tip since it will create back pressure and in the adapter from 1" to w.e. for the tip, drill a hole and use a bolt washer that blocks off 70%ish of the flow as well. I would think this would cause enough back pressure and reduce the noise a lot as opposed to just straight pipe. 

953 nut

As far as the exhaust valve burning issue, as long as you use a couple of feet of pipe the heat will be dissipated. 

• Like 1

Ernie1990

It will essentially be stock, just cuttuin off the muffler body itself and replacing with a piece of straight pipe. I was also going to heat wrap it. Would the heat wrap cause any issues to the system?

IndyFord2

I'v been looking at mufflers for my C-120. One option I'v found is this universal muffler on e-bay, may or may not be of help to you.

3e34_12.jpg

tractorhogg

check epay UK for mufflers