WHX??

Pulleys & idlers for Free

oliver2-44

I've done this with a couple of Mule Drive pulleys and it's as simple as WHX^ described.   I scribe a match mark before I take the 2 halves apart to put it back exactly as it came apart. I also use some of the Blue Loctite on the nuts just for insurance. 

• Like 3

WHX??

Yes works excellent on muleys Oliver.. This one just happened to have that extra (drain???)  hole in it for reference on reassembly. Leave it open for drainage if used in a horizontal app.

Best thing about this is the pully can be easiliy reseparated for future replace. :)

• Like 1

Pullstart

Genius!  Between this idea and bringing a bike to the big show, I'd say you're a genius!

• Like 1

WHX??

Not really Pullstart....just  got tired of paying those prices!!!

JC 1965

Good to know. Might try that with some of my pulleys. Thanks for sharing the info.   :thumbs2:

stevasaurus

Excellent write up Jim and great pictures.  If you don't mind, I will move this thread to the "reference section" in a couple weeks.  It is worthy of that.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

buckrancher

started doing just that back in 2009 works great

100_3172.thumb.JPG.b749c19947de2bcbe9d51

100_3173.thumb.JPG.e845c1b4c67c97b6ad3ba

100_3563.thumb.JPG.6b761267177681ecb702a

brian

• Like 9

WHX??

Love the hardware Brian :handgestures-thumbupright: 

WHX??

This one was given to me by another member. It is the clutch idler pully for tractors with that 5003/5010 transmissions. The bearing was seized and I needed it for the mounting stud. I will rplace the bearing in it so if someone else needs one let me know.

It helps if grind down the top of the rivet flat for a good center punch. This one has a 30 OD x 10 ID x 9 width (MM) or a very common 6200 bearing. 5 clams on ebay.

IMG_20160216_163526368.jpg

20160219_134436.jpg

• Like 1

WHX??

OK now for the what not to do. After drilling the heads off the rivets they punch out easy just make sure you do it on a FLAT surface and not on the top of the vise like I did...otherwise it will end up looking like this. I can straiten this out but the idea is not to do it in the first place! One of those "I knew better not to do that"  things.....56 yo metal bends pretty easy!

20160219_134539.jpg

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jeff_B
      By Jeff_B
      Where's your go-to source for QUALITY 103119 bearing shaft assemblies? Also, I don't have my deck apart yet, but seem to remember they're tough to remove from the housings. Any tips or tricks? Finally, just recently I've had a couple of  the center bearings go loose on two different decks. Once is one thing, but twice? More than a coincidence? Should I be releasing tension on the belt by loosening the mule drive when not in use? We've had WH tractors for over 40+ years and I've never done that before! THANKS in advance! 
    • RichInWalworth
      By RichInWalworth
      Question. I have a 1990 single stage snow thrower for my 312-8. I am trying to replace the bearings on the drive shaft. How do you remove them? I have taken out the set screw, soaked the collar in pb blaster, put some heat to them, pounded on them. etc. They will not move. Am I missing something? The only thing that is curious is, there is only one set screw in each bearing collar. There appears to be a second partially drilled hole but no set screw installed and it does not appear to be tapped. What gives???

Rich In Walworth
    • IthacaJeff
      By IthacaJeff
      Hi folks:
      The wheel bearings in one of the front wheels of my 416-8 imploded the other day while mowing. 32 years old, I'm not complaining. Anyway, with the advice of another thread I picked up a set of 4 flanged bearings off an ebay seller. . .3/4" ID, 1 3/8" OD. Problem is they are a loose fit in the wheel hub. I should need to tap them in, but they just slide in and out. No real play, but they can just fall out. The insides of the hubs are clearly worn.  Any advice on snugging up the bearings"

Thanks,
      J
    • jerryme
      By jerryme
      Hi everyone I'm looking for the center/drive spindle assembly with double pulley for my 1985 36" rear discharge wh mower deck. The only #'s  I have are off the mower deck. 85-6MR01-08150   8038. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    • porschpow
      By porschpow
      Good Morning everybody!

I am in the process of sharpening the blades for my mowing deck (Model 78360 - Serial 7904987) and I noticed that the deck has a crack in it right where the bracket to the mounting hardware (to the tractor) is. SO I know I have to get that repaired.

But while I was at this, I thought I could do a good quick once over on the deck to make sure I am ready for the season.
      What I would like to do is the following:
      Change the bearings for the spindles (or pack them with more grease)
      Get new rear tires (since they squeak)
      And that's about it

If anyone here thinks I should do anything else, I would love to hear it!

Where does everyone get the hardware (bearings, wheels for these rebuilds?)