redhead

tractor front end

redhead

How do you people control front end of tractor when plowing snow, today is first time I used the c-141 to push snow but could not control front end, just wanted to slide. When you angled blade it made it want to slide more. Tried turning steering wheel no luck. So how do you people do it.THANKS:sad:

varosd

I had the same issue using the snow blade and I added Front wheel weights , made all the difference!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

wallfish

#40 roller chain wrapped around the front tires.

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

I never ever had an issue with my 312-8 with the tires under inflated. Now I use a 310-8 with the Kohler off and a Predator on it. I'm thinking 80 pounds lighter up front. It will have weight added and roller chain installed. You can bet your sweet bippy on it. It did get the job done today however. I'm just not used to front end skating.

• Like 1

wallfish

pics56a3f85d20fca_40chain654.thumb.jpg.2f0dd56a3f860c8338_40chain418.thumb.jpg.b2e7b

• Like 8

ericj

when i used my 314-8 that i bought new in 99 it use to push the front in heavy wet snow with a 48" plow, so i dropped back to a 42" plow and that really helped. i don't have as much problems with my 520's and i even use a 56" on them. the 314 has an aluminum kohler command on it instead of an older cast iron kohler. so i think the weight of the motor up front helps a lot

eric j  

• Like 3