richmondred01

520h disappointing

clip

WNYPC, thanks for posting my thread. It takes me forever to dig through my old posts to and find links to my threads.

WNYPC, thanks for posting my thread. It takes me forever to dig through my old posts to and find links to my threads.

WNYPCRepair
25 minutes ago, clip said:

I just wish I had found your thread before upgrading my lights, your bracket seems a little easier than mine. :)

js5020

Going from a Farmall Cub or any small farm tractor or compact utility to any GT is going to be a disappointment if you have the expectation of just blasting thru deep snow without effort.  I use to remove snow with a compact and it would blast through just about anything, pure brute force at its finest with the 4wd, diff lock and 3-4000 lb weight.  I rarely use the compact and snow duty has been transferred to the old 16 Auto, I prefer the ease of operation of the hydro, and the small size of the GT, with that said I do have the 16 Auto equipped properly for the job,,,, wheel weights, bar tires, tri ribs, chains (haven't used em yet), plow for snows to 8 inches, blower for snows over 8", and always put the snow way back so you never need to attack an old frozen pile.

• Like 1

lodestonefarm
16 hours ago, WNYPCRepair said:

I was looking for my thread, but turns out clip used the exact set I did. 

Thanks

clip
2 hours ago, js5020 said:

with that said I do have the 16 Auto equipped properly for the job,,,, wheel weights, bar tires, tri ribs, chains (haven't used em yet)

I've got a similar setup, but I think I'm going to prefer Turf Savers over the ag lug tires. I've got 50 lb weights and 2 link chains, but the ag lugs allowed some of the links to slip into the voids. I still had a few links on each set of cross chains riding on the treads, but I think traction will be more consistent with a turf tire supporting the full width of the chain. Will be an interesting test.

can whlvr

I forgot to mention that the guard venting looks very  professional,i love all my horses,like nothing else,but when we get a big snow fall I just go straight for my skid steer,you cant compare what it can do,compared to a garden tractor but I still love cleaning up and doing smaller snow falls with the horses