leeave96

What Blizzard?????

elcamino/wheelhorse

ED that is not a good sign. Down here the whole State would shut down until June.

• Like 2

Jrblanke

I love it. Keep the pictures coming guys!

WheelHorse_of_course

Snow slowed down for a few hours, now it has picked up again. And windier too. I am glad I got out when I did! 

Driveway nice and clear, though I buried the door to the shed. I *think* there is a spare blower belt in there, but could not find it when I looked earlier! The belt did come off once, but the chain has not derailed. The blower does that some times since the right front has a broken weld.

I also threw a lot of snow off the street so the plow has room to work. Also cleared around the car parked in the street. It is not free, but I wanted to get to it before the snow gets to heavy and crusty to move with the blwer.

1 hour ago, varosd said:

FYI for anyone needing a refresher!

Great post. I didn't need it but at one point I was thinking I'd need to find the manual.

One more use tidbit:

Use the smaller PTO pulley. I put it on the other and boy did it blow, but then the belt came off!

• Like 3

Lagersolut

I gotta sit tight until this wind subsides - no sooner get a path blown and the wind fills it right back in . did outside the garage earlier to knock a drift down that was working on blocking the tractors in .

• Like 4

Wishin4a416

Some of you fellows got a lot more than me. I got 10-12. Some of yinz are buried!

• Like 3

squonk

That first pic reminds me of The Cannonball going down the tracks! :)

• Like 2

857 horse
8 hours ago, 857 horse said:

ok Jay and Elcamino.....over a foot in Stafford Va.....Im going out the door to do my FIRST !!!!!   pass,,,,,,,,,,its 8 am.......i will report back in a couple hours...

im hoping i can go thru it.......its 1/2 way up car tires....   more news as it comes in!!!

OK Guys,,,,,,its 4;30 is Stafford VA...on Saturday......This snow was my match....there was a 2 foot drift against the garage door,,,I tryed to pull out and could not...My 857 chains spun on the smooth garage floor.....So,,,,i shoveled sno 6 feet out to get my rears to "bite"......driveway is 2 cars wide....tight but 2 cars fit.....about 3 cars deep......and the road in front of the house,,,,,this rear axle is amazing,,,when one tire spins the other one grabs,,,,Nothing would stop my old gal,,,,it has not stopped snowing and  i will see another 10-12 by morning,,,,,i will post pics this evening,,,,,I swear,,,it woulded crawl up a 4 foot mound to push,,,

I will never let this thing go.....this is the machine i posted piics of a weel or 2 ago......my most reliable go to ,.,,,,,and laast weekend i went to Ohio for #5,,,,believe it or not,,,,,,,,,,,,,a nicer 857.....sitttting 35 years in a guys uncles garage......it runs amazing,,,,there will be a snow blower and a blade next winter...yup....armed to the teeth

• Like 6

ericj

Ed that recessed drive down into the basement almost almost berried you in your basement. 520 to the rescue though. did you have to knock it down with  a shovel to be able to blow it since it was so high ?

eric j

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Richmond Report : At 1:00 PM went and shoveled path for short leg pooch , did not want a repeat of frozen wiener problem . Measured snow in 3  places in backyard , had seven inches. Since we had sleet most of last night , not sure how much snow really fell. Went back out at 4:50 PM to re shovel path for the pooch. Measured the yard again in 3 places , we now have 11 inches on the ground and it is still coming down. I am not sure I will be able to get into shed tomorrow to put chains on :wh:.

One good thing about the Blizzard of 2016 around late spring , early fall lot of sales on walk behind blowers only used once .:ROTF:

• Like 5

Ed Kennell
37 minutes ago, ericj said:

Ed that recessed drive down into the basement almost almost berried you in your basement. 520 to the rescue though. did you have to knock it down with  a shovel to be able to blow it since it was so high ?

eric j

Actually I was able to undercut it to the chute, then raise the blower and knock it down with the wing extension.  The hydro  raises the blower pretty high, putting the  top corner of the wing  close to 3' high.   There was a lot of F/R to work thru it.  Really thankful for the hydro foot control.

• Like 5

WNYPCRepair

And here I sit in Buffalo, with not a flake. Went out and scraped the leftover 1/4" off the driveway just for some seat time. Bah...

On another note, this popped up after Craig's grader video. How would you like riding inside this plow?

• Like 6

Lagersolut
6 hours ago, rick said:

I need some of those 2 link chains!

They are the cats meow for traction on my steep D-way .  Think I got them @ Tire chains . com .

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

How about one of these to clear your driveway! Especially the way it can turn around. Click on the photo for the video.

RhB Snow blower X rot mt 95404

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 4

DennisThornton
9 hours ago, ekennell said:

Here's the overnight, 21", with the worse to come today.      Right now 40MPH whiteout.   No horses are going out in this till the wind calms down.

Been there my friend and much worse, but I'm so glad that this one is suppose to miss us up here but I'm sorry it hit you!

• Like 4

leeave96
8 hours ago, wera512 said:

Picked up my first Wheel Horse this fall and thought I was ready for snow.Keep having trouble keeping it running.Can  C120 with single stage blower handle 10+ inches of snow?

I kept having problems with carb and then found a broken wire on ignition switch that soldered by a previous owner.Will work on that today and hope to dig out later.Noticed a couple of splices in the wiring harness.What are the chances of finding an unmolested harness?

Thanks,Tom

Don't think you'll have a problem with the snow and that C120.  Just take it easy and if it starts lugging down, between slower speeds, take a smaller bite.

• Like 2

ferguson65

We got plenty of blizzard here in SE PA.   The Horse failed miserably though.  Broke a tie rod end 10 feet from the shed.  Rigged that up got 1/3 of the driveway done and the blower ate the belt.  No spare.   Have 3 plus foot deep drifts and about 20" so far.   Not a good storm to lose the tractor! 

20160123_145006.jpg

20160123_145015.jpg

• Like 2

Mr. 856

That stinks!!! Figures during a storm.

WNYPCRepair

Ouch. sorry for your luck. 

2 hours ago, shallowwatersailor said:

How about one of these to clear your driveway! Especially the way it can turn around. Click on the photo for the video.

Wonder how how much those bearings cost. 

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 1