leeave96

What Blizzard?????

AMC RULES

Looks like you whooped 'em again Josey.  cowboypistol.gif

• Like 4

Wishin4a416

Has it passed you already or more to come?

elcamino/wheelhorse

The weather forecasters said it would hit Richmond around 10 AM it started snowing at my house at 10:15 AM . They got something right for a change.:eek:

• Like 4

953 nut

In Western NC we had three inches of slush this morning, I plowed it so the driveway wouldn't be a three inch ice cube when the temperature drops. Since then it has rained, snowed and rained again for several hours. Places that I didn't plow are now even deeper in slush. We seem to be right on the line between blizzard and torrential downpour.

• Like 1

DougC

Good luck guys. I hope you don't lose  your electricity with all the wet heavy snow.  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 4

Flatheadpete

:text-yeahthat:  Thanks for taking care of the birds.....

• Like 4

857 horse
5 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

The weather forecasters said it would hit Richmond around 10 AM it started snowing at my house at 10:15 AM . They got something right for a change.:eek:

Jim,,,,its 8 p.pm a little over 6 inches in Stafford...we should see 6 more by sun up....them another foot all day saturday....and they say possibbblly 18 total saturday........I think the 857 can handle whats coming/./////i should have mounted a snow blower this year......to late....the badd stuff is knocking at the door....Walking out to the garage in the morning and I'll be Packin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

Guess who did not put chains thinking weights etc would I will need.:( They are saying we got about 4 1/2 inches of course that is measured at the airport . I have a six to eight inches here at the house .Forecasters say we will get snow until sometime tomorrow afternoon. If I can stand the cold I will put chains on the :wh: and plow out an area for the dog. He went out after  supper came in with a frozen wiener. :text-imsorry:

• Like 8

857 horse
21 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Guess who did not put chains thinking weights etc would I will need.:( They are saying we got about 4 1/2 inches of course that is measured at the airport . I have a six to eight inches here at the house .Forecasters say we will get snow until sometime tomorrow afternoon. If I can stand the cold I will put chains on the :wh: and plow out an area for the dog. He went out after  supper came in with a frozen wiener. :text-imsorry:

Ouch,,,,,,,thats gonna hurt come Saturday......I meant the pooch !!!   lolool

• Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

The dog is 15 years old and has a small bladder , so he wakes me up between 4 and 5 AM every day to go out. He is going to be a frozen pooch cicle .

• Like 4

JAinVA

Got 5 inches here in Gloucester before the rain set in.Hooked up the blower with 3 inches on the ground.Under a tarp and laying on cardboard.Gittin to old for that junk!

Don't know what I have in store tommorrow.Plenty of wood and the stoves are kickin.Snow,frozen rain and more snow should be fun to blow.Stay safe and warm,Luck,JAinVA

• Like 5

cleat

You guys seem to be getting all the snow. Up here in Eastern Ontario we have around 2 inches on the ground and it's calling for above freezing next week so that may be gone.

There is a snowmobile trail on my property and not one machine has been out yet this year.

I did get to blow some ice pellets earlier this year before it melted but otherwise the snow fleet is waiting patiently.

Cleat

• Like 2

USHorse
4 hours ago, shallowwatersailor said:

56a2b133ba3a1_WP_20160122_0011.thumb.jpg

After a mild winter so far this year, I came close to blowing it. And it looks like I will be "walking" this time for this storm. The 523Dxi decided to have an intermittent problem with the glow plugs so it is to the rear of the lineup. Luckily I sprung last year and got a cab for the Ariens walk-behind. It should be handy with the winds that are predicted.

In the meantime, planning on hunkering down until ...? But someone else is ready for fun!

56a2b23a9ac87_WP_20160122_0071.thumb.jpg

Assuming your dog is a malamute, he/she should be loving the cooler weather?  Mine does but hateS the sound of my 416!!  

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

I am waiting to see more of these Horses in Action Photos out there in Blizzard Land !

• Like 4

shallowwatersailor
On 1/23/2016 at 10:06 PM, USHorse said:

Assuming your dog is a malamute, he/she should be loving the cooler weather?  Mine does but hateS the sound of my 416!!  

Yes, Juno is my third Alaskan Malamute. This is the first real snow since I rescued her 3 months ago. Funny how people always think they are a Husky when Malamutes are so much bigger!

Her nose finally turned pink, so I guess Winter is officially here.  :D

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 3

857 horse
10 hours ago, JAinVA said:

Got 5 inches here in Gloucester before the rain set in.Hooked up the blower with 3 inches on the ground.Under a tarp and laying on cardboard.Gittin to old for that junk!

Don't know what I have in store tommorrow.Plenty of wood and the stoves are kickin.Snow,frozen rain and more snow should be fun to blow.Stay safe and warm,Luck,JAinVA

ok Jay and Elcamino.....over a foot in Stafford Va.....Im going out the door to do my FIRST !!!!!   pass,,,,,,,,,,its 8 am.......i will report back in a couple hours...

im hoping i can go thru it.......its 1/2 way up car tires....   more news as it comes in!!!

• Like 3

squonk

Howard, Maybe some warm pie when you get back in! :)

• Like 4

squonk
21 minutes ago, ekennell said:

Here's the overnight, 21", with the worse to come today.      Right now 40MPH whiteout.   No horses are going out in this till the wind calms down.IMG_5326.thumb.JPG.9a525654d0b5e9a3ce861

Hey Ed! How's about driving the horses down to the fairgrounds for a "what the show would look like in the winter!" pic. :)  :teasing-poke:  STAY WARM! 467109581avatar.gif.b0440ca975d38cfd0cc1

• Like 6

Ed Kennell

There won't be any road trips to the fairground for awhile Mike.   No sign of any traffic or PennDOT plows.

Wait, I see Craig is awake.....maybe he's headed this way on his big yellow scraper.

• Like 6