SPINJIM

Snow Thrower Flag modified for spring assist

rjg854

Nice bit of ingenuity :handgestures-thumbupright:

Dirtdog524

Nice Job on that spring assist. Never ceases to amaze me what people can come up 

can whlvr

nice little conversion,thats why these machines are so great,a guy can go to the hardware store and come up a solution to repair or upgrade

• Like 1

HeyMrP
On 1/16/2016 at 11:15 PM, SPINJIM said:

I found an old Snow Thrower (from 1970) to mount on my C-120, but it had the flag without the piece for attaching a Lift Assist Spring.  I know those newer flags are expensive, so I decided to modify the old flag.  Made a trip to my local Ace Hardware store, and bought a couple of eye-bolts.   Drilled a hole in the flag, and attached a forged steel (1200 lb. high strength) eye-bolt.  Ran the other standard eye-bolt to the spring (bought from Glen Pettit, Forum vendor), assembled as pictured.  It worked great, maybe better than the factory design because the angle is better.  Definitely less expensive. 

snowblower flag 001.jpg

snowblower flag 004.jpg

Hi there. This looks like a rather easy to do mod. How much help does this give? I just got a 310-8 with the single stage blower, and that sucker is heavy!

JimmyJam

Awesome job! Where did you get that spring from? Dimensions?

SPINJIM
2 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Awesome job! Where did you get that spring from? Dimensions?

From Glen Pettit, a vendor on this site.   Fast delivery, and good people to deal with.

• Like 1

JimmyJam

OOoops, You said you got the spring from Glenn Pettit. Sorry! Didn't read the entire post. I saw that his springs were coated RED.