378Pete

Why do you guys have so many Wheel Horses

elcamino/wheelhorse

What a score , now we know where all the Horses in PA are located.

• Like 6

Butch

I have 3 tractors for one simple reason. I'm tired of swapping HEAVY implements out. It's time consuming

and they're ball busters. So they're equipped wit a mower deck, mid mount grader and snow plow. I bought

a crank up lift from Tractor Supply that you put the front tires in. So no more pulling the mower deck to get

to the blades. Only problem I have now is keeping the gas tanks filled. I buy 15 gallons at a time and I have

to do that 4 or 5 times a year. I should buy a 500 gallon tank and mount it next to my shed and have gas

delivered. A friend of mine does that.

• Like 9

AlwaysLookin80

I bought a 604 after I took my daughter with me to the local power and steam show. We saw a restored wheel horse and my daughter and I liked it so much we went the next day for the 604. Next thing I know I have many, and always looking for more. 

• Like 8

DennisThornton
4 hours ago, 69chargerv8 said:

When I first purchased my sons wheel horse I came to the forum for help. I got more than expected. As the greetings and help poured in I started looking at some of your profiles and noticed that most of you had several wheel horses. I remember thinking , what do they do with all of them? Why so many? Are these people nuts? Well I answered all of my own questions Saturday when I picked up my 3rd trailer load. I am absolutely hooked and find myself looking in every yard I drive past. When I am gone during the week I look through every states craigslist for tractors and accessories. This is by far the most intense hobby I have been involved with. I know everybody loves pics so here are the new horses. 656-877-1277-Commando8. They all need love but they all do run and operate. I absolutely understand you guys now. Between the tractors and this forum this is really an awesome hobby! I will get more pics and info posted when I can spend some time with them. 

We try to warn newcomers.  We tell them what will happen.  We all know what will happen, but still there is little we can do.  Later we try to help them with new problems...  We do what we can...

• Like 9

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

all stories are true. I am addicted myself. but its all good.  that is some herd in that trailer. a great way to pass the time and have help with chores.

Glenn

• Like 6

378Pete

Worst part of my weekend was having an hour to play with the new hoses before I got ready to hit the road and discovering I didn't have a drop of gas! My wife surprisingly had nothing to say about that.She just laughed

• Like 7

WNYPCRepair
3 hours ago, Butch said:

I have 3 tractors for one simple reason. I'm tired of swapping HEAVY implements out. It's time consuming

and they're ball busters. So they're equipped wit a mower deck, mid mount grader and snow plow. I bought

a crank up lift from Tractor Supply that you put the front tires in. So no more pulling the mower deck to get

to the blades. Only problem I have now is keeping the gas tanks filled. I buy 15 gallons at a time and I have

to do that 4 or 5 times a year. I should buy a 500 gallon tank and mount it next to my shed and have gas

delivered. A friend of mine does that.

I thought of that, my dad used to do it. But then I saw somewhere in a post here that gas shouldn't sit for more than 2 months. 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

I have had many hobbies in my life But after 15 + years of working G/Tractors I find my self enjoying my self every time I pick up a wrench. This one stuck with me thru the years. Enjoy the ride Gary    B....

• Like 7

JC 1965

All I can add is I just love these old  :wh: tractors. What else is there to say.     :dunno:

• Like 7

378Pete
2 hours ago, T1257 said:

I have had many hobbies in my life But after 15 + years of working G/Tractors I find my self enjoying my self every time I pick up a wrench. This one stuck with me thru the years. Enjoy the ride Gary    B....

Just assuming you have a 1257? Mine is becoming my favorite but I just picked up the 1277 and I am looking forward to the hydro lift. Never had it before and think the 1277 is gonna be my favorite before long.

• Like 3

elliot ness

It is a Disease that only gets better with more Wheel Horses.:happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 8

Flatheadpete

I still only have the 1 WH (grandpa's 856) but have added a newer lawn tractor and just a few weeks ago a Ford 9N......

• Like 5