KyBlue

Tragedy Struck

WNYPCRepair

Good luck

• Like 1

JC 1965

Blue, I am very sorry to hear about this. Prayers just sent for you and and your family. Sure hope the insurance company comes through soon and takes care of you like they should. I can't imagine what you and your wife are feeling right now but I'm praying you can get through this soon and move on. God bless and hang in there.  

• Like 2

Molon_Labe

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Blue. Thankfully you and your pet are okay, the rest will take care of itself.

• Like 3

stevasaurus

KY...I just want to say that I feel like what all has already been said.  Glad you and best friend are OK.  I think you were very lucky.  Sending prayers mate. 

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Oh my goodness!  I've been through a fire and it is the PITs!  1986 and I still have bad memories!  I am so sorry!

I sold insurance for a decade and as Red Ranger commented, fires are handled a bit differently for modulars.  Take care of yourself and your family but try to have the time and patience to be proactive, I don't mean argumentative, but participate and make sure you understand, even when it's a bit overwhelming.  Some of the figures are subjective so you might want to do some homework too.  Keep trying to remember what you lost and add to the list. 

Lousy event!  Lousiest timing!  But keep remembering what you didn't lose and be thankful for them!

• Like 3

can whlvr

very sorry to hear this bad news for u and your family,good to hear no one was hurt

JimD

Sorry for your loss Blue, but glad no one was hurt and the pup is ok. Things can be replaced and you will bounce back. Take Care.

Coadster32

Sorry to hear about this KY. I hope the best for your recovery thru this really tough time.

KyBlue

Hey all, sorry for the lack of posting but things have been a bit ... well as Im sure you can guess, crazy.

But here is where we stand currently ... The insurance company has settled with me, mostly. There are some issues in their estimate for things like removal of the old structure ... and replacing the foundation... but other than that I think we have it just about settled.

Should be wrapping things up in the next 7-10 days .... then comes the tedious process of replacing everything and them issuing the checks to cover the difference between the Actual replacement cost, and the depreciated value they assigned all the possessions...

I'm focusing on the warmer months, a new home, and the Big Show (I have a few things I want to bring home with me this year Hopefully!)

• Like 7

RedRanger
34 minutes ago, KyBlue said:

Hey all, sorry for the lack of posting but things have been a bit ... well as Im sure you can guess, crazy.

But here is where we stand currently ... The insurance company has settled with me, mostly. There are some issues in their estimate for things like removal of the old structure ... and replacing the foundation... but other than that I think we have it just about settled.

Should be wrapping things up in the next 7-10 days .... then comes the tedious process of replacing everything and them issuing the checks to cover the difference between the Actual replacement cost, and the depreciated value they assigned all the possessions...

I'm focusing on the warmer months, a new home, and the Big Show (I have a few things I want to bring home with me this year Hopefully!)

Glad to hear they're taking care of you.

• Like 2

roadapples

Glad to hear things are looking better...

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

So sorry to hear about your loss but very Happy you and yours are safe. Good Luck with your redo. My Aunt and Uncle lost there home this Winter too in Va. Truely devastating.

I hope all goes well!!!!

953 nut

Glad to hear the insurance company was willing to honor the policy, won't cover all of your loss, but a big help. Looking forward to meeting you at the "Big Show"!

• Like 1

JC 1965

Thanks for updating us Blue. I'm sure glad the insurance co. came through for you. Still sending prayers your way. Hang in there and hopefully this will all be just a bad memory for you and the Mrs. 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Some good news there KY...hope to finally meet at the show.  :)

• Like 2