shallowwatersailor

Cut My Grass Today!

shallowwatersailor

January 1 and I needed to swap the snowplow on two tractors. The 520xi was used last Winter (along with the 523Dxi and C-105) with the plow so I decided to use the 518xi this Winter. I hadn't used it since Fall 2014 after breaking my ankle last June. It amazed me that it just needed a little coaxing after sitting for a year to start. After changing the oil and filter, I ran around the yards to basically mulch the remaining leaves. Tomorrow I'll swap the deck for the plow.

Who would think to do this on the First of the New Year!

• Like 6

Digger 66

IMG_1407.JPG

• Like 3

rjg854

Just yesterday when I got home from work, I thought to myself, I can't believe how green the lawn looks. Like May green, dark, healthy. Right now tho, about an inch or two of snow. What a difference a day makes ;) 

l just might get to use one of those :wh:'s yet, although there's nothing on the walks or the driveway.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

This weather is crazy . I have bulbs pushing up shoots, bushes flowering and yesterday I saw a rose bush blooming. You know a mild winter means one heck of a hot summer. If the ground dries out , I may have to cut grass. It has been so wet in Richmond , all my joints are starting to Rust.

• Like 1

JAinVA

elcamino is not kidding.I went out in the drain field today to test a mower deck and the Daffodil bulbs have shoots 3" to 4" tall.We are expecting some freezing nights but I don't think it will hurt the bulbs.I have seen the shoots sticking out of snow but never seen them up this early.Crazy weather,just plain crazy.JAinVA   Jim

Wheel-N-It

Still kinda warm here too for the first day of January. We have had so much rain here in the last two weeks that the beaver dams in the creek back behind my house have all broken and washed away.