TDF5G

2 WHEEL TRACTOR ?

TDF5G

Found this pic in Mom's old album and thought I'd share it with y'all.  Not sure where to post this in the proper forum.  

Anyhow, I don't know a darn thing about the Pond Walkaways but this kinda looks like one maybe.    Those are 2 of my uncles circa 1953.

IMG_3785.JPG

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 8

Tankman

Great picture. Have seen numerous 2 wheelers. Is that a Pond Walkaway? Don't know but, again, great pic.

TDF5G
12 minutes ago, Tankman said:

Great picture. Have seen numerous 2 wheelers. Is that a Pond Walkaway? Don't know but, again, great pic.

Yeah me either, I've seen pics of 'em but I don't know one from another.  I'll bet someone here will tell us!  

oldredrider

Imagine what OSHA would say about that rig!

• Like 1

953 nut

The Pond 2 wheel tractors were bigger than that, cool photo though, thanks for sharing.  :text-coolphotos:

5684669a26b07_Pondwalkbehind.jpg.9dc0c85

Edited by 953 nut
Add photo
  • Like 1

shallowwatersailor

That looks like a Simplicity-made Montgomery Ward tractor because of the handle bars and control lever knobs. The color looks darker than the Simplicity Orange though, but the MW tractors were painted red. I'm not sure of the model as the MW tractors used Clinton engines but it doesn't look like a Clinton engine.

• Like 1

Phil854

Yea my vote is Simplicity it has the geared transmission(gear shift sticking up) and the controls look like Simplicity  That is a Briggs engine  Looks like the one I Have!! you can slightly see the kick stand just in front of the wheel and the slots on the front of the frame where the implements attach

• Like 2

953 nut

:text-imsorry:   Took the image off the internet, one of several similar two wheel tractors identified as a Pond.

• Like 1

TDF5G
10 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-imsorry:   Took the image off the internet, one of several similar two wheel tractors identified as a Pond.

No apologies required.  I have no idea what brand it is.  I didn't take time to compare pics myself.  After the fact, I realized I could have checked my copy of Straight From The Horses Mouth also!   Just wanted to share and stir some conversation.

Stay tuned, I found some old Wheel Horse pics in the old photo album too that I'll share later on.

• Like 2