IndyFord2

Looking for pic of SMS 425 PTO pulley assy

IndyFord2

Looking for a good picture of the PTO pulley set up for a SMS 425 sickle bar mower. Bought one recently but part of the drive was reworked. (no idler) I plan on adapting it to fit the "attach-o-Matic" but would like to see a good picture of the original pulley system to be able to fab an idler. 

DSCN0716.JPG

DSCN0724.JPG

sorekiwi

My pics are all of a non-footrest tractor, so not sure if they will be any help to you.

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3724.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

MalMac

I can tell you that you are going to have to put a way larger pulley on the sickle. If you run it with the one that is on there now it will run way to fast and the wobble box will destroy itself.

IndyFord2

Thank you all 3 for the replies. I have printed off the down load but it isn't a good picture of actually pulley locations. The pic's from "Sorekiwi" is what I was looking for. And I was already aware (from previous owner) there might be an issue with pulley speed. On the original application the idler is the "clutch" for the blade. I just need the idler to hold proper belt tension from the "C" series PTO. I am also tossing around the idea of modifying a mule drive and driving it from the front. (Idler probably a lot simpler)  I wonder if anyone knows what the actual RPM speed is on ether the cross shaft or the wobble box drive is supposed to be? Looking at the parts list it says the input pulley for the cross shaft is 5.04" The output pulley is supposed to be 2.5" both of mine are smaller. one positive the complete cross shaft assy is new (bearings and all) Should not be hard to change pulley size as needed. It also appears that the pulley size on the engine is larger dia. on the "C" (and two different sizes to chose from) At least a 5" on the input cross shaft ought to get me closer to where I need to be. Once again thank you all for the info.

MalMac

If memory serves I think your cross shaft on the sickle needs to be around 6" to get the right rpm for the wobble box. In doing that you will have to be alert to tall grass, weeds, etc. getting caught up in it. Also if you have the guard/skid plate that goes on the bottom, you will have to modify it to accommodate the larger pulley. You might be on to something there with the mule drive. It's been along time ago but I did seen one that was made to run off the mule.