HokieAg07

Off Season Refresh

stevebo

Looking very good for sure !!

• Like 1

Sparky

Fantastic "clean up".....I really like the exhaust mod!

Mike.........

• Like 1

Row Cropper

Now that is the way these machines are supposed to be cared for!  I have seen ones half the age of this one and completely trashed!  Keep up the great work and care and like you said, it will be good for another 20 years!  

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

That is a nice clean machine.

How do you convert to lug studs? Do you use studs for cars, or do they make them for WH? Or do you just screw a bolt through from the back?

roadapples

Nice job on the horse, looks great. What year is the Z-71

roadapples
15 minutes ago, WNYPCRepair said:

How do you convert to lug studs? Do you use studs for cars, or do they make them for WH? Or do you just screw a bolt through from the back?

Bob Maynard sells kits when he gets back to himself, Check vendors section

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
10 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Bob Maynard sells kits when he gets back to himself, Check vendors section

Ah, thanks.

fast88pu

Nice 520. I love the truck any more pictures of it ? 

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
2 hours ago, HokieAg07 said:

Ive come to the conclusion that its easier to remove the rear wheels than to fight the 60" deck out with them on. 

I haven't gone that far, but I agree, it might be easier. Everyone says theirs just slides right out, but mine doesn't seem to want to clear the front sheels, and that sucker is HEAVY! I started just driving over it. I built a small set of ramps, front and back, and just drive on and off. 

The New Holland GT22 deck has the side wheel, I'm hoping that is easier. 

Tankman

Now that is a clean Horse. Now feeling guilty so, line up Horses it's grooming day. ;)

• Like 1

mmmmmdonuts

Nice job on the clean up. I am a big fan of the deck idea with removing the rear wheels and I only got a 48 inch deck.

Ken B

I agree with the others, looks great!

elliot ness

Great job. I love those 520's, as I can see you do too !

HokieAg07
11 hours ago, WNYPCRepair said:

I used fully threaded 7/16" - 20 x 1.5" bolts then grabbed regular open ended automotive lug nuts. Bob Maynard does sell them as well. I got the 9 pin connector from him. 

10 hours ago, fast88pu said:

Nice 520. I love the truck any more pictures of it ? 

11 hours ago, roadapples said:

Nice job on the horse, looks great. What year is the Z-71

1998 with 85,000 miles. Slight tuning to ECM, 4.10 gears, and replaced the 10 bolt rear with a 6 lug 9.5" 14 bolt with Lock Rite. Fun little truck!

IMG_2382.jpg 

119-1993_IMG.jpg

Only change since these pics is the removal of the trim over the wheel arches and the body molding...

• Like 3

roadapples

Good looking truck. I like the Z-71 even if it is politically incorrect.

TDF5G

How do you like the BFG All-Terrain T/As?  

HokieAg07
3 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Good looking truck. I like the Z-71 even if it is politically incorrect.

Thanks, they are unique for sure and were a subtle way to set it apart from the pack. I don't drive it much these days though, 500-750 miles a year.

3 minutes ago, TDF5G said:

How do you like the BFG All-Terrain T/As?  

Granted these are about 10 years old, and will likely dry rot off the wheels before tread loss, I've always had great results with BFG ATs. They wear great and aren't too loud. Treat them well and they will give you 50-60k miles. I am a loyal Michelin tire buyer and BFG falls under that umbrella. 

• Like 1

TDF5G
16 minutes ago, HokieAg07 said:

Thanks, they are unique for sure and were a subtle way to set it apart from the pack. I don't drive it much these days though, 500-750 miles a year.

Granted these are about 10 years old, and will likely dry rot off the wheels before tread loss, I've always had great results with BFG ATs. They wear great and aren't too loud. Treat them well and they will give you 50-60k miles. I am a loyal Michelin tire buyer and BFG falls under that umbrella. 

They are good tires IMO.   I bought a 2004 Silverado several years back with them and I've just had to replace them with the new KO2s  they are quiet, drive great, have good traction and best of all, they look good!  I like the solid white letters.   I have an uncle and cousin who is a BFG & Michelin dealer too.   And I like your pickup, it's a good looking truck.

Edited by TDF5G

HokieAg07
2 hours ago, TDF5G said:

They are good tires IMO.   I bought a 2004 Silverado several years back with them and I've just had to replace them with the new KO2s  they are quiet, drive great, have good traction and best of all, they look good!  I like the solid white letters.   I have an uncle and cousin who is a BFG & Michelin dealer too.   And I like your pickup, it's a good looking truck.

Thanks! When I bought my wife's 2012 Suburban back in '13 it had Cooper ATs on it which looked awesome but toward their end of life got super noisy and rode like junk, so I do not recommend those. I had the urge to put BFG ATs on it but since it sees mostly highway use, I went with the best LT tire one can buy, the Michelin LTX M/S

can whlvr

looks great